Chapter 6.

"What?" I stare blankly at Robbie and he gives me an unreadable look.

"So are you trying to tell me that you fell in love with the demigod of death and then her family tried to kill you. But then you revived and Martha died in your place. Then you and her sisters brought her back with some supernatural God power and she doesn't remember anything, even you? Oh, and let's not forget that you were attacked just yesterday by a herd of abnormal horses." He rambled on.

"Something like that." I nod.

He looks at me for a minute and then bursts out laughing. "Austin, you could have just said that you visited Martha, you exhausted yourselves for a couple of nights and now for some reason, you've decided to come back."

I roll my eyes. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"I don't know what the hell are you talking about. Since when were you a fan of Greek mythology?"

"Since never."I sigh. "But this is reality. It happened."

He shook his head. "I think you haven't slept for weeks because you were...." He grins and I feel a sudden urge to punch something. "But it's okay. I understand. You must be exhausted. Don't let me disturb you." He says closing the door behind him to my bedroom and I bury my face inside my pillow.

But it isn't even his fault, is it? He didn't see Martha playing with her eye colours, he didn't see Martha fighting with a weird blue energy with another God of something else, Martha didn't sing him a song of death.

Of course he doesn't fucking believe me. He would have if he had seen it all, endured it all.

I slipped in the bed completely, lying supine and tried to get some sleep as Robbie had suggested. I couldn't get any sleep last night. I was just pretending to be not awake.

I was pretending to be sleepy when I saw Martha waking up with a nightmare.

How could have I slept with the fact that I was attacked by half humans half horses?

I kept thinking this is not normal.

But then neither is the fact that my girlfriend can kill people with a song and has the ability to compel people without bribing them. Nor the fact that we both were revived from the dead.

I huffed and swiped open my phone and searched 'horses with human upper half' and a name Centaurs popped up on the screen.

I pulled the duvet up my face that still smelled like Martha and started reading about Centaurs. I was a few seconds into it when I dozed off.

I woke back up an hour later from a ping from my phone. There was a message. It was from an unknown number.

Unknown: Do you know self defense?  Chloe.

I frowned at the screen then typed in.

Austin: Yes, why?

Another ping. 

Unknown: Come by in the evening. 

I look a moment too long at my screen and then huff a sigh. I feel a weird clench near my chest as I think back to the attack and wonder if this sudden want to learn self defense has anything to do with it. Whatever it is, something is telling me that it isn't right. 

I dress up at five in the afternoon and take my car keys with me. As I close the door behind me, I see Robbie watching the television. He slowly shoots a glance at me and then lifts his head in a manner as if to ask me what is up.