Epilogue.

MARTHA

I take the long way back home as I shut the door of the tapestry workshop behind me, my hands toying with my shears and the torn tapestries. I stop as soon as I see a white limousine standing in front of our house.

I frown. Whose is this?

And then someone clears their throat. 

"Lawful terrible Goddess, the harbinger of death will right and crown the peace of the unfortunate city of the living by losing herself against the great Gods like herself alone."

I awkwardly spun around with a huge grin on my face, beaming up at my boyfriend who was very casually quoting my prophecy, wearing a tux in the afternoon. 

"Austin? What are you doing here?"  I ran into his harms and squeezed him with my hug.

He shook his head. "First, answer my question. I still don't get this prophecy. What did you lose?"

"I lost my power to manipulate time." I shrugged. "I kind of liked it, you know. I used it to revise my lessons before tests." I said and he didn't respond but smiled at me. I shook my head and beamed at him.  "I thought you were back with your parents, in leeds?"

"Yeah, I was missing you so I came back and I finally told my parents about you." He bit his lower lip and my heart instantly jumped.

"And?"

"The next I knew, I was out of my house. They threw me out, Martha."

I gaped at him and then sighed. "I told you not to tell them that I was the Goddess of destiny."

"No. They threw me out because they didn't like this." He said and fished something out of his pocket. I fingered my nails into his hands to see what it was and then I see a ring made out of a shred of thread.

"Austin." I gasped in disbelief when he kneeled down in front of me.

"I know this is not a perfect ring but neither are we. I know we are different. That you are meant to last and I aren't but I wish to spend my entirety of life with you, and only you...."

My heart was hammering wildly now and my eyes were ready to pop out. It felt like watching a slow climax scene of a movie and being conflicted about doing homework.

"When I'm with you, I'm brave and thoughtful and empathetic. And, when I'm without you, I'm lost. So I beg you to make me the world's happiest man and accept my proposal to spend the rest of your life with me?" He asked and I grew numb.

"Austin....I am barely out of college." I breathed and he laughed.

"Just promise me a forever." He begged urgently. "My knees are dying here."

"I promise."

THE END.