Chapter 2.

Her skin shimmers with a bright light and then slowly, it penetrates inside her. She sucks in a breath and coughs.

Her eyes blink furiously as color rushes under her pale skin and then slowly she peels open her eyes and I see those beautiful green eyes that I fell in love with. She frowns at me when I help her to sit back. She coughs and looks at me.

"I am so glad-" I was about to cup her face and kiss her when Chloe holds up a finger. 

"Let her breathe, first." She rolls her eyes, her mouth twitching but not exactly smiling. I scowl back at her and then look at Martha who was already staring at me. I admire her with my eyes and my hands around her waist and she turns a shade pinker. 

"How are you, Martha?" Lila asks and for a moment she doesn't say anything, then she looks at us all and raises her eyebrows as if in exclamation. Pointing a finger to herself, she asks, 

"You are asking me?" 

Lila and Chloe share glances and I frown. "Of course, Martha." I say.

"Oh, uh...I didn't know..." She frowns. "I am good, thank you." She says and quietens. Then she catches me smiling at her, "I am sorry, who are you?" She smiles innocently.

I frown. When I was just about to tell her that this wasn't a very fine joke, I saw Chloe and Lila nodding at each other knowingly and then Lila kneels down near Martha. "Hello, Martha. I am Lila. I am your sister." 

My frown deepens. I open my mouth then close it and then I look at Chloe who was already glaring at me. I get up from the floor and silently shuffle next to Chloe. "What the fuck?" I say with my mouth mostly closed so that Martha doesn't notice. 

"River Lethe." She says and I stare at her blankly. My mind drags me back to the day when two girls, Martha's cousins who had barged in my house and attacked Martha, told me how Martha had planned on making me drink River Lethe so that I could forget her.

 Chloe holds my hand and drags me into the kitchen where Martha would not possibly hear us, mentally dragging me out of my chain of thoughts. "The underworld has a service that makes the dead souls drink River Lethe which makes them forget everything."

My eyes widened, "Why?"

"If you were to reborn, would you want yourself to be reminded of your past life and drive yourself crazy every day?" She asked and I nodded, understanding.

"So she doesn't remember anything at all? Not even me?"

Chloe shrugs with a 'duh' look on her face and panic runs down my spine, I shudder and my eyes widen, "What the fuck."

She doesn't even remember me. 

"Be nice to her." She says, pushing past me. "She wouldn't like you trying to remind her everything just like that in a minute. She'd need time."

"So you are trying to say that she can remember me?" I asked, hopeful. 

"Yes but you better not rush her. Or else she'd freak out about her being revived from the dead and into a demigod." She tries to stride towards Martha but I pull her back to where she was standing. 

"Wait, so she doesn't even remember that she is a demigod? What the fuck!" I say and she shushes me to stop gaining any attention with my loud voice. 

"Yes but she is a demigod of death. She is the same, still. Just oblivious. But her memory would be along." She walks away and this time I follow her. Lila looks up at us reaching towards them and she smiles. 

"This is Chloe, our elder sister, and-" Lila trails off when she points at me warily.

 I put a hand on my chest as I great her.

"Austin. I am your boyfriend." I grin and wiggle my eyebrows at her. "Hi." 

From the peripheral vision of my eyes, I can already see Chloe and Lila glaring at me but I couldn't bother and continued grinning at my girl. She tries to smile but ends up blushing heavily, which only brightens my grin and her blush at the same time. 

"Okay, Martha. Why don't you take a shower back in your room? It is upstairs. Then you can come back and join us at the table, okay?" Lila smiles at her and she smiles back. 

"What did you tell her?" Chloe asks Lila when Martha disappears upstairs. 

"I told her that she got hit by a car in a road accident and-"

"Oh great, where do I ask is the injury then? Wouldn't she notice that?" I scoff. 

"I told her that she got hit near her ankles where those boa constrictors bit her and then she fell to the ground and hit her head which made her forget everything. Right now I didn't think was the time to tell her that she has all those powers to kill people. She would have freaked out. Anyway, she bought it." Lila shrugged and I frowned. 

"I can't believe she bought it." I say truly, still frowning. 

"I thought you said, you were going to leave." Chloe raised an eyebrow at me.

"Can I please stay for a little longer? I just found out that my girlfriend doesn't even remember me. Let me help her." I say, trying not to sound sad but my voice betrays me. 

Chloe shakes her head. But Lila huffs an 'Okay.' Chloe and I, both look at her. 

"What? I just think that maybe the mortal is right." Lila shrugs.

"Why, thank you." I grin.

Chloe crosses her hands across her chest and looks at Lila,

  "He can help Martha remember. He is the one who had stayed with her all those times while we were back in Troy to see Augury's friend. I am afraid to say that he can help her remember something."

"You betcha." I pass a grin at Lila who rolls her eyes. 

"Fine. You'll stay here tonight but tomorrow, you'd leave. You can come here everyday to come and see her. But understand this, mortal. You won't push her to remember anything. The memory would come back to her itself. Just help her by saying or doing things that may remind her of her past life."

"Okay." I say. "And, you all should stop calling me mortal. I have a name. Austin." I tell them but they pretend not to listen.

Why are these two so irritating?

Lila slowly nudges Chloe under the table and I hear her say, "We need to discuss." Chloe nods and was about to tell me off or something but I keep my ears open. 

"Zeus is furious..." I hear them say, although their voices were perfectly muffled making it hard for me to understand and then after a while I hear them say, "He might even destroy it if we don't hurry up........... Martha will lose her powers.......... It'll only put her in danger.......... We need to keep Martha safe."

Anxiety runs up to my throat like bile. I look at the closed door of Martha's room and gulp loudly. 

Martha is in danger.