Chapter 28.

A shock of limb jerks me awake and runs down my legs, making me believe for a moment or two that my legs had given way to gravity-shaky and weak, every muscle thumping loudly with my heartbeat than it should ever do.  I blink, blurriness fading, surroundings more crisp and scenes from yesterday come back to me with a rush. 

"Martha?" I croak and find no green eyes staring at me, no one to smile down at me. I frown in confusion and slowly step down the bed and out of the room, into the corridor. 

"Why are the lights out?" I whisper to myself and climb down the stairs slowly and suddenly the lights flick up. Something bursts. I gasp. 

"Happy birthday Austin!" Martha cheered tumultuously for an hour this early. She ran into my arms and threw a bunch of wet kisses on my entire face. I grinned lazily. 

"Thank you, darling. But I am too sleepy." I tell her and she pouts. 

"Well, then wake up." She pecks my lips. "It is one in the afternoon."

"It is what?" My eyes find the clock and I gape. "Wow, I never sleep this late."

"You were obviously tired. Now go, get ready and come back! I have so much planned up for you!" She clapped her hands and I grinned nervously at her. Gone are the days now when nobody except my family knew my birthday, when I would just sleep at my home and order food online....

"Wait." I said as soon as realization kicked into my senses. "I never told you when does my birthday come. How did you-"

"We are the fates, Austin." Martha gave me a bored look. 

"Yeah and I told her." Chloe butts in. 

"No, I already knew." Martha pouted and Chloe shook her head. 

"uh huh?" Her sister rose an eye at her and Martha glared at back, nodding. Chloe too nodded and then gave me a secret look, raising a hand next to her mouth and audibly whispered, "I told her."

"Chloe!" Martha stomped her foot and I chuckled. 

"Okay okay, baby." I placed my hands around her waist and kissed her then swiftly lifted her up from the floor. Martha squealed.

 "Thank you so much!" I said, kissing her again as I drop her back to floor. 

"Thank you!" She chirps in excitement and then her eyes widen as she shakes her head, "Oh no, scratch that. Welcome....you!" She pinched my cheeks awkwardly and I laughed. 

"Okay then. I'll go, get dressed." I nod at her and her sisters, who for a change smile back at me. A swell of happiness arises as I shut the main door behind me and played with my car keys. 

I yawn as I start the engine and drove off to my apartment.  I jump out of my seat, grinning for no reason and I swiveled the door open to my place. The door lock turned and a strong wave of water is splashed up on me in no time out of nowhere.

"What the-" I say as water drips from my now wet body. 

Robbin, Markian and a bunch of other dudes burst out laughing. 

"What the fuck." I finish. 

"You son of a gun! Why did you never tell us that its your birthday today? Seriously? We got to know this from that bird you always go over to...." Robbin says. "What is her name? Martha!"

I shake my head. Of course, she told them and possibly everyone around the world.

 A weird feeling of happiness and adoration conjures inside my heart as I think about how happy and excited Martha looked today when she wished me. 

"What are you grinning at lad? Come here. It is party time!" Markian says and pulls me inside the apartment.

***

"What am I getting dressed up for again?" I asked Robbie. 

"You ask too many questions." He groaned and I frowned at him. What the hell is going on?

Robbie slowly moves aside from the mirror and grins at me. "Well, aren't you looking handsome for a change?" 

I looked at myself in the blue tux that I had bought for a cousin's wedding and reshift my tie for the fifth time. "I always look handsome." I smile at my reflection. "But you didn't tell me. Are we going somewhere?"

"To a strip club." He answered and my jaw dropped to the floor. 

"S-strip...-"

"No, pervert. You seriously thought I was going to tell you? It is a secret."

"Thank God." I breathed in in relief. I cannot even think about any other girl other than Martha, let alone to go into a strip club. "Come on, tell me!" I punched him and he shook his head. 

To my disappointment, Robbie dragged me out of my room and shoved me out of the apartment without answering any of my questions. I turned around in vain and found myself barely believing what I saw. 

"What the fuck." I said after a minute when I saw a white limousine car standing in front of me. "What the-"

The door of the limousine opened and out came a leg. My eyes widened when suddenly Martha jumped out of the car. I gaped at her. She was wearing a cowl neck black party dress which showed a little cleavage. The dress hugged her body perfectly and a flood of drool swamped in my mouth. 

"Fuck!" I completed my sentence. 

"Hi." She waved at me and blushed. Her brown ringlets hid her smile as she dipped her head slightly and meekly stared at her high heels. 

"Hi." I managed, licking my lips. She raised her eyes at me questioningly and I shook my head. I bet the floor would be wet with my drool by now. 

"I..-you.." I played with my hands but failed to describe how sexy she looked. She grinned at me. 

"Come. Let's go."

"In this?" I blinked, pointing at the expensive car. I must be dreaming right now and I don't want to get up. This can't be true. 

"Yes." She winked. "Come."

I took a step towards Martha and took both of her hands in mine and kissed them. She shivered and I let go of her hand.

I took another step towards the driver's seat and Robbie came just in time to stop me. I frowned at him in question. 

"No buddy." He shook his head. "You won't be driving tonight. Just get in the passenger's seat."

I jump in the backseat of the car after Martha and saw a bald man in the driver's seat. "Hello sir. Happy Birthday.  I am Roger." He said politely. 

"Tha-thank you." I managed. I am definitely dreaming. 

"Thank you, Roger. Take us!" Martha tells him and he nods.