Chapter 10

Brandon drove up to a beautiful black house on the outskirts of town. I had never seen a house so perfect before. Black siding and wooden accents in all the right places.This was literally my dream house. I was so tempted to take a picture for future references but didn't want to seem like a creeper. The curved driveway was lined with vehicles and littered with people slowly making their way up to the front door. 

     "Woah," I said, marveling at the exterior of the house still. "Whose house is this?!"

     "You will soon find out," Brandon laughed quietly.

     "Why so weird and mysterious?" 

     "Who me? Brandon denied.

     'Weird,' I thought. 'Did they even know the owner? Maybe we were crashing a party. Wouldn’t be the first time.'

     "Lets go! I want to get drunk!" Mia yelled as she grabbed my arm on one side and Brandons on her other.

     Brandon led us inside through the front wooden doors. The interior, much to my delight, was just as captivating as the outside with its modern yet cozy vibes. 

     "Oh my gosh,"  Mia whispered, looking around in amusement. "Everyone is looking at us weird. They probably think we are a three-some!" 

     "Here," Brandon said offering us drinks as we walked toward the kitchen. "My two lovers need to loosen up and have some fun."

     "B, don’t refer us as lovers like that," I panicked as I caught more curious eye. "You're feeding the rumors!"

     Brandon rolled his eyes with a smile. “Let them talk. Mia is my lover and these rumors might save you from creeps. Am I right?” He wriggled his eyebrows at me. “Let’s go play something.”

    An hour or so later I was anything but sober. I turned to ask Mia for directions to the bathroom but she was gone. 

     “Hey have you seen the couple I was with?” I asked some random girl sitting next to me.

     “Yeah they are in the living room,” she answered back with a slur. “Looks like they left you out of this one.”

     Confused my her comment, I went in search for my friends. I found them a few seconds later. Now I knew why that girl said they left me out. She was probably one of the ones to believe the rumors. Right in the middle of the living room, leaning against the couch, Mia and Brandon were locked faces. Sloppy, drunk make outs were the worst.

     I guess I would have to find the restroom myself. 

     After asking over 10 girls where it was and receiving a shrug in response, I was very frustrated. I needed to pee. At this point, I just wanted to go home.

     I headed upstairs, past a restricted tape. I didn’t care. I was sure whoever owned this house would rather have me pee in a restroom than on the floor somewhere. 

     The upstairs had a small hallway with several doors. Luckily, the restroom was the first door I tried. I locked myself in to take care of business.

     Once done I took my time fixing myself up. I was so glad to find a spot away from the crowd. I brushed some loose hair down, fixed my outfit, and even used some mouthwash.

     I left the restroom for another quiet place to settle down my buzz. I didn’t want to go back to the noise. The party was fun for a bit but I was so over it now. Next time, I would bring my own vehicle, carpooling sucks. Mia and Brandon liked to stay out all hours of the night.