FOUR

THIRD PERSON.

"I hope you're prepared for the amount of confused looks you're going to get." Kai told Corbyn, getting out of her dads car as she flattened out the dress she was wearing.

"Won't be as bad as the amount of stares I got in LA." Corbyn said, pulling up his pants to ensure they didn't fall down.

"Do your belt up tighter." She said, furrowing her eyebrows as he rolled his eyes before doing it up a little together.

Once Jason was out the car, the three of them headed inside the church. They were always one of the first ones there as Jason and Kai helped to sort out the church, which was frequently run by Amanda.

Amanda was like a motherly figure to Kai, whenever Kai has a problem Amanda would be one of the first to kniw about it and offer the best advice for her. She had been there since Kai was born and comforted her after her mom died.

"Hey Amanda." Kai said to gain her attention and after Amanda turned around, she gave Kai a smile and noticed the boy stood a little behind her, which was when a confused look took over her smile.

"This is Corbyn." Jason said, patting the boys back as Corbyn held out his hand for Amanda.

"Oh! Nice to meet you, Corbyn." Amanda shook his hand, giving him a small smile, "Nice to see a new face."

"Nice to meet you too." He smiled back.

"Are you here visiting a long lost friend?" Amanda asked as Kai tried to hide her laugh, looking at Corbyn as he started to look nervous.

"He came to visit me." Kai interrupted the conversation, "We had been friends online for a while and he came to meet up."

"Oh." Amanda said, nodding, "That's nice of you to travel here."

Corbyn nodded, mouthing a thank you to Kai as she shrugged before heading off with Amanda to help set up. Jason was left to stay with Corbyn while the rest of the town piled into the church, everyone taking a seat at different tables while all giving Corbyn the same confused look.

Whispers were heard around the church as Kai went back over to her dad and Corbyn, noticing the whispers and looks, "Do you need a drink?"

"No, I'm good." Corbyn smiled at her as she nodded, looking over at the door before she ran over to it.

"Hey bitchhh." Gavin said, giving her a hug as he laughed, "So wheres this man candy?"

"Where's the rest of the group?" Kai asked.

"Summer can't decide what to wear so they're all helping her," Gavin rolled his eyes, "But they'll be here soon."

"Ok thank god," Kai let out a sigh of relief, taking Gavin over to Corbyn and Jason, "Corbyn, this is Gavin and vice versa."

"Aren't you hot." Gavin looked him up and down, raising his eyebrows at Kai as she laughed slightly, "If you ever get bored of Kai, my house is always available."

"Shut up." Kai nudged him as they both laughed, seeing the other three of the group walk in.

Once the friendship group was all introduced to Corbyn, church begun and activities were starting all around the building. Most of the time Kai was there it was spent with introducing Corbyn to the town and explaining why he was here, which the excuse of him being an 'online friend' was frequently used.

After all the introducing, the two of them went over to the group and sat in a circle, a drink in each of there hands.

"Summer has something to say to Corbyn." Ebony spoke up as the pair sat down. Summers face turned red as her head shot towards Ebony, "Go on, say it."

"I just wanted to say that I think you're cute." Summer quickly said. The rest of the group laughed and Corbyn gave her a small smile.

"Summer was brave for that one." Noah laughed, running his fingers through his hair as he glanced over at Kai, "Kai, do you think he's cute?"

"Not really." Kai shrugged.

"First girl who has ever said that to me." Corbyn joked, Summer and Ebony both laughed as Kai's nose crinkled up, "What?"

"I'm sure a lot of girls have said you aren't cute." Kai argued, looking up at him.

"Why does it matter to you anyway?" Corbyn raised his eyebrows, "Are you jealous of someone else finding me cute?"

Kai didn't reply to him, instead she rolled her eyes and continued on with a different conversation for the group.

The group took Corbyn into their group and he fitted in almost perfectly, their humour was all the same and so were there interests. The boy knew he'd want to stay in this town for a while, he just wanted to make sure no one that knew him could come find him.

He wanted to remain 'dead' for as long as possible, this town was the one place where he felt alive.

––––

INSTAGRAM

seaveydaniel, jackaverymusic and 663,854 others liked this post

whydontwemusic: 'nasa' out now. written by
us for corbyn. the sky's the limit.

view all comments

username: i still cant believe he's gone

username: y'all he's not dead he's alive lmao
there's proof
↳ username: hes dead.

seaveydaniel: hope you love it as much as i
do

username: he's not dead

username: bro i miss him

jonahmarais: miss u man

imzachherron: wish you could hear this song bro

username: nasa cos corbyn liked space i- 🥺

username: you guys are the best

jackaverymusic: hits different without corbyn
singing

username: 🥺💘

a/n

do you like the book so farrr?