TWENTY-SEVEN

THIRD PERSON.

"There's more updates on it." Jonah said, walking into the room with the three other boys that were sat by the table. Jonah placed his phone on the table, letting each one look at it.

"Who's Kai?" Jack looked up at him as Jonah shrugged, "I've never met anyone named Kai."

"The question is why are they with Corbyn? And why haven't they told anyone where he is?" Jonah replied as Daniel rolled his eyes and put his head in his hands.

"Can we stop?" Daniel asked, "If Corbyn wanted to come back he would've, he left for a reason. Let's just stop the search."

"You want him home, Daniel." Zach spoke up, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion as the other two guys nodded.

"Of course I do, but we don't know If bringing him home is going to affect his mental well-being. I'm dying to see him again but I'm worried that forcing him to come home is the wrong thing to do." Daniel explained, a worried look on his face.

"Listen, we've got a tour starting in two months time, we've got at least six interviews in one months time. If there's any time we need to find Corbyn, it's now. The band is not complete without him." Jack said, looking at Daniel, "Daniel we need him home."

"I just think it's the wrong thing to do." He shrugged, placing his phone down on the table, "He left for a reason, he faked his death for a reason, or maybe he's still alive. No one knows what's happened to him."

"True. Everyone could be searching for a dead man." Zach nodded.

"Zach that isn't helpful." Jonah looked at the boy, "You were the one who was convinced he was still alive a few months ago."

"Yeah but i'm just saying, maybe Daniels right." Zach shrugged, looking at Daniel, "You really want to stop the search."

"Yes. Let him come back in his own time, surely he knows people are looking for him." Daniel said, "Or maybe someone from where he is will turn him in, I don't know."

"I miss Corbyn though." Jack sighed.

"We all do," Jonah replied, sitting down with them, "Do we message this Kai person?"

"Should we?" Zach didn't look so sure, "Is that the wrong thing to do?"

"We're not using the band account, or my account." Daniel said, taking his phone off the table and putting it in his pocket, "Whoever is up for messaging them go for it."

"They might not even reply." Jack said, looking at the group, "They'd be too scared to turn him in if we did."

"I want to know where he is though." Zach shrugged, rolling his eyes, "I'll message them."

"You shouldn't." Daniel quickly put in his input, shaking his head as the group looked his way, "I mean, I don't think they will tell you If they know he faked his death, to like keep his identity hidden?"

"True." Jonah nodded, "But maybe they don't know?" 

"I still think we should leave it," Daniel said, getting up from the table, "Just let him come back in his own time."

The group nodded in agreement, watching him walk away and go upstairs to his room, leaving the other three in a comfortable silence as they scrolled through their phones for more information.

"What If we just, messaged Corbyn?" Jack said, looking up at the two guys, "I don't know if he'll answer but it's worth a shot?"

"On what platform? His number hasn't worked for weeks." Jonah said, "Daniel and Zach have both tried it."

"I don't think he's logged into any social media either." Zach shrugged, looking at Jack as he sighed, "We'll continue the search, but just tell Daniel we stopped it."

"Something seems really suspicious about this Kai person." Jonah said, scratching the back of his neck, "What if they're holding him hostage?"

"What If they reported him as dead?" Jack said as all their eyes widened, "As a cover up of kidnapping him?"

"Would they post him on social media though?" Zach asked, furrowing his eyebrows as the two others took that point into consideration.

"Ok maybe not held hostage. Maybe Corbyn did just run away to start a new life." Jonah shrugged slightly.

"I hope we find him." Jack said.

"We will," Zach reassured him, "He's out there somewhere."

a/n

i should be updating other booksss someone shout at me and tell me to update other books