SIX

THIRD PERSON.

Since church on Sunday, Kai and Corbyn had been getting along better than they had the first few days they met and often hung out around the house for most of the day.

At night when the other couldn't sleep they found themselves playing Mario kart, and have now made it a thing of theirs whenever they were bored.

"That's my drink!" Kai yelled at Corbyn, chasing him around the house with a spatula in her hand, "Give it backk."

"I'll get you another." He laughed, tripping over his own foot and falling onto the floor, spilling the drink over the carpet as he let out a gasp.

Kai's mouth dropped open as let out a small gasp while trying to get back her breath, "He's so going to murder you."

"I'll put the blame on you." Corbyn looked at her as Kai shook her head, holding the spatula up as a 'threat.'

"I'm going to murder you if you don't stop." She raised her eyebrows.

"I'm going to murder you if you don't stop." Corbyn mocked her voice, laughing as Kai chucked the spatula at him which caused him to let out a scream.

"Hey hey, why are we screaming?" Jason walked into the room, furrowing his eyebrows as Corbyn was on the floor with a spatula in his hand, "What has happened?"

"She spilt the drink not me!" He held up his hands, standing up and running out the room.

"Besson I swear to god." She followed him before getting stopped her dad, who looked just as confused as when he had walked into the room.

"Calm down, alright?" Jason smiled at her, picking up the spatula the boy had dropped when he was running upstairs, "I'd rather you two do something a lot quieter."

Kai nodded and headed upstairs, walking into the room as Corbyn popped out from behind the door, making the girl almost jump out of her skin.

"Fuck you." She shoved him playfully, walking over to her bay window and sitting down on it, "Scare me one more time and I'll make you move out of this house."

"I haven't even moved in." Corbyn shrugged, sitting opposite her and watching her, "I'm sort of just staying here."

"Eventually you'll have to move in somewhere, why not just this house?" Kai asked him, moving her gaze towards the boy as he shrugged again.

"It's a bit invading, I'm lucky you're dad even offered me a place to sleep." Corbyn sighed and Kai nodded her head, looking back out the window.

"We could use some more company anyway." Kai lowered her voice, feeling slightly upset that for most of her life it had only been her and her dad living together.

Corbyn nodded slowly, not knowing what to say and not wanting to say the wrong thing. He leaned his head against the wall behind him and sighed, looking at the window as he eyes glanced back to Kai.

"How did your mom die?" He asked her, his voice softer than usual, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"She got drunk one night and went cliff diving without having anyone else in her friend group sober." Kai begun, recalling exactly what she was told by her dad, "And then, she drowned because no one was sober enough to help her out the water."

"So I've never really got drunk." The girl said, looking at Corbyn as he had a frown plastered on his face, "And I don't plan to."

"Not even around your friends?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows and tilting his head as she shook her head.

"They're all rebellious, If anyone even thinks about drinking then the rest of them will have a few drinks." Kai told Corbyn, looking at him, "I'm the responsible one in the group."

"You don't seem like it." He smiled slightly, receiving a small smile back as Kai rolled her eyes, "What? You're so happy and energetic all the time."

The girl shrugged, letting out a small laugh, "I can look after them while being energetic."

"I think you should eventually let loose." Corbyn suggested, Kai shook her head, "Around someone who will be sober when you are under the influence, you know?"

She shook her head again, getting up from the window and grabbing her phone, "Cliff diving is only for 100% sober people, drinking isn't healthy anyway."

"What have you got to lose?" Corbyn asked.

"My teenage years." She looked at him as he laughed, shaking his head.

"I'm almost 21 and I still feel like i'm 18."

"You were in a band though. I've been stuck in this town my whole life." Kai told him, going back downstairs to grab herself a drink that he wouldn't take with Corbyn following behind her.

"A band doesn't mean I was happy." Corbyn argued, watching her pour the drink into a glass, "Why'd you think I faked my death anyway?"

"A normal life, I'm guessing." She shrugged.

"Ding ding, we have a winner!" He clapped, smiling, "Getting drunk is fun, try it."

"Maybe one day but at the moment, there's no chance."

"I can wait."

a/n

lowkey might update another book
bUTTT idk which lol