Chapter IV

With the Emperor finally defeated, Rey leaves Exogol for good, and embarks on a final mission to Tatooine. Struggling with her emotions, She is still learning to maintain control of her own mind, but mistakes are inevitable. Can she fix what has gone wrong? And can she survive the mess she has got herself into this time?

REY

REGION- UNCHARTED
PLANET- EXOGOL

I saw his smile.

That gorgeous smile that finally escaped his emotionless dark mind. Prisoned and chained away deep in his head just screaming to get out. I could feel his happiness through our bond, that just strengthened it between us tenfold, now we had realised our deepest love for one another.

I knew that I would spend the rest of my life with Ben Solo.

Or I would be chasing a dream.

After seeing his smile, I smiled back, almost to a grin, and it was at that moment, I felt a surge of emotions coarse through me, his feelings for me, his love that he's feeling and then.

Nothing.

It was if his body just stopped working.

He fell limp in my arms, and fell back to the floor, I couldn't keep him held upright and he dragged me down to his level. All I could do was watch as his skin turned grey in my arms and his body lost warmth.

And then I heard his heart stop.

He had used everything he had to save me, and save my life, repaying all the good I had unconditionally given him, since that day we had bonded so fervently. I wasn't worth his life. I wasn't worth this loss. To give everything all to me, was a mistake. I'm not sure I could be thankful for this second chance at life, when I would be living it without him.

I could still feel him, in my heart, but I knew there was no turning back. There was no resolve.

It really was over.

I really was chasing a dream

REGION- CORE WORLDSPLANET- CHANDRILA

REGION- CORE WORLDS
PLANET- CHANDRILA

I couldn't leave his body there, on Exogol, surrounded by the very thing that tore his family and his mind apart. I took him to Chandrila, where he can rest in peace on his home planet. I haven't yet told Poe and the team, I don't think I will tell them. I don't think they would understand. Our bond is one of a kind, easy to describe but hard to truly understand.

It was the hardest thing I had to do since leaving Jakku. I had to say goodbye. I left his body encased in a white blanket, with his mother's lightsaber in his hand, and I used the force to entomb him in a makeshift crypt in the ground, by the Tintolive tree. It would keep him protected from the elements, and allow him time to recover, using the tree and the force as sustenance.