Chapter VIII

11 Days, 23 hours and 46 minutes, Ben Solo awakens from his slumber, encased in a tomb of healing. Needing to escape and find Rey, he wills himself to be strong. And calls upon the force to show him a way.

BEN SOLO

PLANET: CHANDRILA

My eyes shot open, and I gasped for air, my lungs weak and my body cold. How long has it been since I was last awake? I must have passed out after healing Rey.

Wait....

Rey?!

I sit upright, looking around trying to figure out where I am, but my eyes need time to adjust, its pitch black in here. I slowly and gently lowered myself down off the stone that I had been lying on, and I heard something clatter to the floor, I stretch to pick it up and return to the comfort of the upright position. After inspecting it, I realise that it is my mothers lightsaber. How did I get buried here with my mothers lightsaber? I wield the sabre, thankful of its blue light, illuminating my surroundings that I have seem to have got myself into.

Where am I? I question myself again, swinging the lightsaber around; lighting up every crevice and corner for some sort of clue as to my whereabouts and hopefully a way out. Somewhere.

Out of nowhere my stomach growled, my body frustrated about the lack of sustenance. Thinking about it, I'm actually quite hungry. It feels like I haven't eaten in weeks. Maybe it has been weeks. What happened? The last thing I remember is being with Rey on Exogol and she needed me. I saved her life. It took all my strength to bring Rey back to me, maybe it took a little bit more than I thought. I shouldn't be alive after that level of force transfer, is something keeping me alive? For what? Ive been asleep for, well, I must have been unconscious for weeks, judging by the layers of dust shrouding every possible surface near me. And I wake up here in this ... cave? I need to get out of here, I need to find Rey, I need to know what the hell is going on and why I have been having crazy dreams.

I manage to push myself off the stone and support myself as I got comfortable on my feet again. I try to move to the rock that is my exit, but it seems my body doesn't have the strength to walk yet. I sigh, put the lightsaber away and set myself back down. I was dead. I must have been. The force brought me back. But why? My heart must have re-started a couple of nights ago, and then I started having these crazy dreams. They were visions, of the future. I need to remember what happens in them, it could be important. I know for certain it involves Rey and I...
I cant let her get hurt again.

I have to leave, I cant wait till I'm strong enough, I can feel the force coming back to me, Im going to have to rely on the force to strengthen me, just enough to get me out of this tomb.

***

It took a few attempts to remove the boulder that was in the way of my exit. Each time the force betrayed me I had to relax my mind and my body to be able to stand again, and try once more. But I had managed it. I had managed to get out. And with beads of sweat lining my forehead I made my way to the city, it's tall looming buildings calling me to civilisation.

I needed sustanance, but with no money or objects worth trading for a bite to eat, I was left with gratefully accepting a quarter portion of bread from the bar. They must have taken pity on me, or saw the darkness threatening to envelop their establishment in blood and carnage.

But I wasn't like that anymore. So why did my thoughts betray what is truly in my heart. Or am I too weak to overpower the dark, and just accepting it once again, to take the pain out of my head, and strengthen my body with the black evil that I once called my friend.

"BEN SOLO!" A voice boomed from across the room, disrupting my internal battles of self doubt. I looked up unaware that anybody could recognise me here, slightly cautious as to who might know me, and their intentions. A figure moving through the crowd turns to me, struggling to get through the mass of bodies in his path to reach me.
I kept staring, this creature struggling in a simple task at walking. Mumbling profanities and excuses to get by, he saw me staring at him. He smiled and waved? What an odd man.