Chapter 14 ~ Awkward Position (Part 2) (Swear Warning)

wHAT? How can you just say that?? You succccck! I can't believe you, Spinel! Urgh, you-" I notice Spinel laughing her ass off. I sigh, and smile, cracking out a small laugh.

"Fuuuuck youuuu." I say while laughing. Spinel ushers me over to her bed.
"Shortie, get on the ground for a second." Spinel asks.
"What? Why?" I kneel on the floor. "Why should I-" Spinel suddenly puts her hand on my head. She starts petting me.

"W-what are you doing.....hey...what's up with yo-" Spinel shushes me, and shoves a chocolate heart into my mouth.
"You yap like a little chihuahua." She says, then sighs.

"....Listen.......what do you think of me?" Spinel asks solemnly.

"I....um...well, I..." I'm about to say friend, but are we really friends? Well....sure, why not.

"You're.....just a friend." I say, giggling nervously. "Why? What brought that up?" I ask.

Spinel's throat tightened. She smiled, painfully. "Hehe, yeah....friends."

"So...um...Spinel..? I wanna ask you something." I say.

"Huh? Sure, shoot, shortie."

"Well....are you okay?...No, I mean, what's wrong with you? N-no, wait, actually, I meant, uh....um..." I say, and right now, I really do feel short.

I poke Spinel's arm, quite hard. I get lost in thought, not realizing that I'm hurting her. After a few seconds of repeatedly saying "stop" Spinel pushes me away.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't notice that I was hurting you." I say. What if...what if that's the case? What if it's my fault...that she's hurting? Is that why she's in this condition? Is that why she's like this? Is it really because of me? Did I do this? I didn't think making friends meant hurting them? But me and Spinel...we aren't really friends? Are we? I don't kno-

"—-Shortie?? Hello?? Shortie? Are you okay?" Spinel asks, concerned.

"Huh..? Yeah, I'm fine, what do you mean?" I reply, confused.

"What? But your hands are covering your ears, a-and..." Spinel grabs my wrists. "You're shaking..."

"What...? Pfft, I'm greeeeat." I say, awkwardly laughing. Spinel suddenly takes my hand and sits me on the side of the bed. Now, we're across from each other. She pulls me in and hugs me tightly.

"Hey...listen shortie. I care about you. And I'm worried. Tell me how you feel right now. And don't give me that "I'm fine" bullshit. I'm the master of hiding my feelings, not you, amateur." Spinel says.

I choke, then start crying.