Chapter 15 ~ I Promise (Swear Warning)

"I—...well, I was...worried, you know. I thought...I thought everything....

I thought it was my fault you were suffering." I said, mumbling, tears running.
Those words broke Spinel's heart. Spinel hugged me tighter. She laughed and stroked my hair.

Spinel let go of me.

"Hey...nothing is on you, shortie. I'm the one at fault here." Spinel replies softly.

"What?! You're the one at fault here? Look at you, you're a mess! You're wrapped in bandages! You were drenched in BLOOD that day. I knew you got into fights, but this is too much. Please, tell me what happened." I say.

Spinel takes a heavy breath, and unwraps the bandages on her left arm.

I look at it, and I stare for longer than needed.

"Satisfied?" Spinel asks coldly.

"I-...I didn't know you would get a ton of cuts in a fight." I say, a bit confused of her tone.

Spinel grabbed my shoulders and shook me.
"Are you braindead? I cut myself, idiot. I hurt myself, you idiot." Spinel pulled me into her chest and she cried.

"I didn't....I wasn't thinking straight, alright? I just....I couldn't do it. I felt worthless. I'm failing a lot of my classes, and I don't think I'm going anywhere in life. Hell, I couldn't even get someone to love me. But right now, I...sitting here, with you, just....fills me with determination. What I wanna say is.....I love you, shortie. No, I fucking love you, Y/N. I want to squeeze you. I want to make you mine. I want to pet your head and hold you in my lap, and kiss your forehead, and take care of you, and protect you." Spinel says. "I want you to be mine. Will you....will you, Y/N, be my girlfriend?"