For Josiah

I exited out my car and walked towards the two double doors.The closer I got the more worried I became.Should I even be here? I thought to myself. I walked up to the door as was greeted by the bouncer Moe who let me right on in. I could feel eyes burning a hole into my backside.I countinued walking past all the sex craved men,and these worked up women on their pony poles.I went to the bar ordering me a Bahama Mama. 

"Hey Jullia?" I referenced squinting my eyes at her name tag.

"Wassup sweetheart?" she said to me.

"Is there a way you can get the boss up here." I asked

"Dressed in all black so you ready to kill huh?" she asked while hading me my drink

I took a swig,savoring it as it's sweetness engulfed my taste buds.

"Well how about this you go through those curtains right over there" she nodded" Only problem is those guards,once you straighten them out or whatever they will escort you to the boss." she told me

I nodded my head getting up out my seat leaving her the money for my drink plus a $50 tip.

"Ma'am it's not that much." she said to me.

I turned around smiling just as big,with my drink in my hand."Keep it sweetheart." I said Shebeamed with excitment.

I ignored all the looks around the club and focused mainly on getting to Lamont.I walked up to the big  burly dudes,they both looked me up and down. "Can I see Lamont please?" I stated with a bit of annoyance in my voice.They looked at eachother and nodded. "Anything for you sweetheart". He said stepping aside.I went through the curtain and proceeded down the long hallway.I knocked on the door but didn't get an answer,so I just bussed in the room. His eyes shot to me really quick as he pulled himself closer to the desk.

I slowly walked in, taking in my surroundings,before taking a seat infront of his desk.I stretched my feet out,but hit something in the process.It was a got damn foot.And it wasn't his damn foot this foot had damn heels on.I stopped myself from laughing out loud, noticing how his eyes kept shifting  underneath his desk.

I sighed and shook my head. " Listen here Lamont,I don't know where to begin with you man.I'm not here to hear a sob story neither am I here to give you one.I'm here because of our child.That little boy from Red Lobster that's Josiah-Your son. Or did you forget? Enough of that I jusst need to know if you wanna step up and be a father to your son.He looks up to my father and ManMan as if they were his dad. They love my son,I love my son,I just hope you can to.We don't care about the money,the gifts,or anything just be a father,not play daddy ,but actually love him.You sitting here watching me I just need to know if you down or not." I finished I watched him stir around in his seat a little.

" I got you Kasiya." he said and thats all I needed to here cause here I was beaming with excitment. I grabbed my drink off the desk and took it to the head completly.I was just that damn happy.I grabbed myl purse off the floor and got up. "I'll tell ManMan to give you my number so we can work something out.Okay? Whatever Bye!" I turned on my heels and walked towards the door. "Damn" I heard him say behind me.Before walking to the door I turned around again saying "And Lamont I advise you get your hoes together if you gonna have my son.Especially with that nut mouth under your desk.I like your shoes boo!!!" I yelled grabbing the handle and walking out the door.I walked back to the bar returning my glass and also dropping my number to the bartender since she seemed like a cool person.I strutted out the club feeling like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders.I hopped into my car and rode all the way home.

After about 20 minutes of driving I pulled up in my space and hopped out.Reaching my front door I pulled out my house key,unlocking the door.I took my heels of by the door and walked into the living room to find ManMan,Josiah,and Cherish knocked the hell out.I shrugged my shoulders.Picking up my shoes and heading up to my room.I took off my clothes throwing a big t-shirt over my head and climbing into my bed.After about 20 minutes of watching t.v. I began nodding off to sleep.But not before my room door opened,and my bed dipped and I heard a soft "Goodnight mommy" and a kiss to my forehead,letting sleep take over me.