Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Lunisa" Delimari whispered the spell as a small bright ball of light flickered out of the dark and came to her side, lighting the cave around her so she could see better in the cave tunnels.

Delimari had been walking for a good while now after she had tripped and fell down the hole into a labyrinth of tunnels underground. She didn't know much about who took Cookie but she was determined to get her back, even if it was bandits, thieves, or the New Averian Order.

Just then Delimari spotted something on the ground that stood out, she squinted her eyes to see small, muddy footprints. She stopped and leaned down to look at what they looked like. Only one thing came to mind with the tracks, Goblins.

The footprints were too small to be an Elves or Dwarfs, and they certainly weren't reptile or Kobolds. So they were Goblins for sure.

Delimari got back up and continued walking. She had always hated Goblins, they always loved to steal and kill from anyone they come across. Her mother always told her to stay away from the fiends but now she was going straight to them.

Snapped out of her thoughts, she heard voices, and one of them was Cookie's. Delimari sprinted to the voice of the sounds and saw a dim light up ahead, she turned a corner and immediately stopped and scampered behind a large stalagmite.

She peeked cautiously and looked again to see what was happening. She saw that Cookie was still fine but she was hanging in a cage, and then there were three goblins by the fire. They looked ugly, really ugly. Their clothes looked tattered and ripped in many edges, and Delimari could just smell how bad they were and almost gagged.

"Can't wait to have me some nice and juicy cat for me dinner. Haven't even had a cat in a long time." A goblin said licking his lips at Cookie who looked really scared and shrunk back.

"Uhh.. I can tell you that I don't even taste delicious! See?" Cookie nomned on her own paw and spit it out in disgust. "Yuck! I taste really bad with this fur on me."

Another goblin spoke. "Who said we were going to eat you with your fur on?" Then they started laughing and made Cookie wail. The third goblin swatted the cage, making Cookie swing around and land on her back.

Delimari knew that she had to kill them or else they would hurt others and Cookie. She took a breath and thought of all the stories her mother told her about Goblins. How they kill and steal from Elves, Dwarves, Reptiles and all the races that had riches.

Then she breathed out, pulled out her bow and aimed it at one of the goblins before they spotted her, and fired, killing it with an arrow to the head and fell onto their side like a buck or deer.

The other goblins saw her and both rushed at her, Delimari killed one with another bow to the head but the other managed to tackle her and tried to stab her with a dagger that gleamed in the firelight. Delimari held onto his arm and used the Goblin's hand to push it to it's neck and slit it, after no time at all he fell as blood oozed and he tried yelling out a gurgled plea for help. Delimari watched as it died and barfed a little. After she gained her composure she walked over to Cookie's cage and struggled with the lock before the gate latched open and with it Cookie.

Cookie pounced on Delimari and hugged her and Delimari hugged her back.

After a few minutes passed they decided to loot the dead goblins and thankfully found a pouch of gold coins. Then they walked out of the cave and back to Pinesburgh. First they visited the horse rental shop and paid the price of the dead horse and cart. After that Delimari and Cookie went back to her apartment.

Delimari decided to get in the shower and scrubbed herself clean while Cookie licked herself, trying to get off the nasty smell of the Goblins. After getting out of the shower Delimari decided to go to bed and Cookie curled up next to her and fell asleep almost immediately. She saw that Cookie smiled in her sleep and Delimari smiled herself and yawned, falling onto her pillows.

The sun shone in bands on Delimari's face as she woke up, tired from lack of sleep she had from yesterday's events. She went into her bathroom and to her sink but when she stepped into her bathroom and fell onto... grass? Delimari's bathroom disappeared as she frantically scrambled to her feet. She was in her nightgown and had no weapon, she looked around to find beautiful scenery and above her she saw stars, beautifully twinkling like she had never seen.

But then Delimari panicked as she saw what was waiting for her. A weird hairy creature holding a lamp post as it was next to a blue campfire. "Hello Delimari. It's nice to finally meet you."