Chapter 12

Immediately after they had escaped the fleet of ships, Delimari walked down to the bottom of the hull of the ship. If what she heard was true, Cookie had to be down here hiding.

Delimari was shaken as heck from the escape. She had never seen so many arrows coming at her at once... or even seen so many coming at her and the escaped slaves.

On the upper deck the escaped slaves were dumping bodies one by one grabbing their wrists and ankles, swinging back and forth, and then dumping them in the ocean where they would become shark food tonight.

The Green Lizard told Delimari he's fine to handle everything up top without her help, which is why Delimari was cleared to come down here. The only people who came down here before her were other slaves but only to get the dead bodies the Half Elf and her crew killed.

"Cookie? Are you down here?" Delimari said walking down the stairs with a small oil-fueled lantern she had. One of the new and ONLY good things to come from the New Averians.

She shined it's light to one spot and to another as she noticed some things around the bottom of the ship, like the cannon's and cannonball's as everything else was hammocks for sleeping and crates with who knows what?

"Cookie?" Delimari said again.

"Delimari!?" Cookie's voice asked as Delimari immediately shined the light to the direction of the voice, and to her relief, Cookie's head popped up from a crate and the little calico cat scrambled over the wooden floor of the boat to Delimari.

Delimari put the light down and picked up Cookie as she ran into her arms and they both hugged each other. "Delimari I thought you were gone again for sure this time after they took you away."

"Cookie that is ridiculous. I would never leave you behind like that. I promise that from now on no matter where I'm at, I will always find my way back to you." Delimari promised to her.

"Me too as well!" Cookie said back.

                                         ***

After a while of mopping up the blood and finally getting rid of the dead bodies on the deck, it was now time for some of the crew to lie down for a while until morning while a skeleton crew, and the Half Elf, guard the ship on top.

Delimari offered to help as up top but the Green Lizard (which Delimari next time had to properly introduce herself to him) offered to help out while she rested.

As she laid down on her hammock that was both nice and not nice with the other sleeping slaves as she remembered the conversation she had with the crew before she went to bed introducing Cookie for the first time.

    ***

The crew had flipped out when they heard and saw Cookie too. "By the Dragon's! A talking Cat!" One said. "I've heard stories about these kinds of creatures. The legends are true." Another said.

Then an Elf who looked in his late 40's with black hair, a beard and wearing glasses pointed out what Cookie was. "My eyes don't deceive me, a spirit animal." He said.

"A What Now?" Delimari said.

"A Spirit Animal." He said while adjusting his glasses. "From the old legends they were a race of different animals with the ability to speak and do all sorts of things with their own magic."

"Okay hold up their buddy." Cookie said. "I don't even have magical powers, okay, I'm just a simple and normal ten year old cat that can speak. It's as simple as that." She said while on Delimari's shoulder.