Chapter 2: A Grave Mistake [Prolouge]

Hell, 1943: (Your P.O.V.)

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. Months turned into years.

It really never was my intention to stay that long. But Charlie cried a lot when I wanted to leave their home after one year, so Lilith pleaded me to stay as long as her daughter grew older and could better understand. And to be honest, it broke my heart to see the little demon princess unhappy, so I agreed. After another year in Hell, I gave up searching for Alastor. Hell was huge and if he also became a demon, maybe I wouldn't even recognized him, nor would he recognize me. But I was okay with that.

Charlie needed my whole attention. I kinda became her nanny, if you can say so. Even if Lucifer and Lilith loved their child the most, they became more and more busy with ruling the Hell. It was my responsibility to take care for her, playing with her, never giving her the feeling being lonely and I loved my job. I felt like a new person since I was in Hell but in a postive way... It was weird, wasn't it?

„Nanna!" After I entered the living room, Charlie ran over to me, just to show me a new hairstyle in a magazine.
„Could you braid my hair like the lady has? Pleaaaaaase!" She said with shining eyes. I laughed softly and patted her head.
„I'm gonna do it later Charls, okay? I want to help Charity first."
Charlie sighed. „Okay."

I smiled at her again before I left and went to the kitchen. Charity already stood in front of the counter and prepared dinner.
„Charity, I wanna help you. What can I do?" I asked for a task. Charity turned around.
„Oh, (y/n)! I'm so glad you are here! Could you do me a favor and carry the tray to the Kings office? He has a guest and they want something to drink while talking."

„A guest?" I asked surprised.
„Yes. The radio demon." Charity explained.
„ Hmm... never heard of him before." I shrugged my shoulders. „Is he sort of special that Lucifer must talk to him?"
„Oh dear, you need to read more newspapers." Charity giggled. „It's said he is one of the most powerful demons here." She leaned over to me and whispered: „And by the way, he is good-looking as well."
„Yes yes, he is." I smirked ironically, took the tray and stepped out of the kitchen. I knew Charity had a weakness for handsome men, but I liked her the way she was.

I walked to Lucifers office and saw the door was still open. I was about to do a little knock on the door frame, only to let him know I was here, but I froze in my move when I heard a deep voice... a familiar voice...and I hid behind a wall close to the door.

„So, what can I do for you?"
„The overpopulation, Alastor. Since the second world war is messing up earth, there are so many souls coming down to Hell. We can't wait for the next Extermination day." Lucifer explained the current situation.
Yep, Earth seemed to be fucked up for the last 5 years and the overpopulation in Hell grew dramatically. Also the criminality, the hunger and homeless demons. Even worse than before. Actually it was dangerous to leave the house.

I couldn't resist to eavesdropping their conversation and hoped they wouldn't notice me.

„I exactly know you, an overlord, have the power. I need you to destory these poor sinners. Erase them! Once and for all!" The Kings voice became evilish. I knew Lucifer as a loving husband, father and boss. He always thanked Charity and me for everything we did in the house, he laughed a lot, especially when he had time to play Hide-and-Seek with Charlie and he sometimes surprised Lilith with a bouquet. It was the first time I was afraid of him.

I dared to take a look around the corner. My heart pounded faster when I saw Lucifers wide smile he showed the red-black haired demon who sat opposite him.