Chapter 3: In the Middle of Chaos

WARNING: Contains mature language.

Chapter 3: In the Middle of Chaos

Hell, nowadays: (Your P.O.V.)

A loud firework announced the end of the yearly Extermination day. I saw the last angels flying back to heaven, when I looked out if my window and streets were a bloody battlefield. Full of dead bodies, organs and demons who picked it up. Poor sinners, who didn't make it home or didn't have any home were slaughtered without hesitation but it didn't reduce the overpopulation at all. Not in Pentagram City at least.

I turned away from the window since it wasn't really interesting and went through my room. Well, actually I shared it with my room mate. I pounded against the restroom door and yelled: „Wendy, get finally the fuck out of there. I need to get ready for work soon!"

„Hold up, (y/n). It's not that late yet!" She yelled back. Being annoyed, I made my way to my bed and grabbed the book I was reading at moment.
„You're so old-fashioned, (y/n)." Wendy came out of the bathroom after a half eternity. Looking at her irritating, I threw my book in her direction.
„I prefer being old-fashioned than a narrow-minded, fat assed thot." I jumped up from my mattress, slamming the bathroom door behind me. Gosh, this butterfly monster was such a burden!
______________________

Click.

Click.

.....

Click.

„Can you PLEASE just shut this fuck down?!" I shouted at Wendy while we sat in a taxi on our way to the club we were working at.
„No, I can't. I need to take photos for my fans." She continued making some of these stupid pictues named 'Selfies' with this newsome 'Hellphones' and I really wanted to throw this... thing... just out of the window. I was too old for this modern technique and social media crap.

After we arrived at the club, we exited the cab.

„Hey ya, what about my money?" The driver asked roughfully.
„You still want money for your horrible style of driving?!" I turned around to the open window. „Suck that, bitch!" I punched him straight in the face and his nose started to bleed but I didn't care about his health. I only heard some cursing and insults when the taxi drove away and shrugged my shoulders.

It was pretty normal to get into a fight here. Actually it was the first lesson I learnt when I started to live on my own and being reckless was the best way if you wanted to survive.

Wendy and I entered Mimzy's, a burlesque and strip club owned by a chubby, flapper dressed woman who died in the 20s, but she was a good friend of mine and I loved to work here. I already loved Burlesque in my human life, I loved the dancing style and the clothing. I loved the fact that I got applause and paid for something I enjoyed.

„What is the face for?" I was asked about my mood when I approached the bar and saw a demon with ram horns on his head.
„Val... Wine. Quick." I replied very shortly but he got it. Val was my best friend since he arrived in Hell and started working here as a bartender.
„Let me guess, it's Wendy." He smirked as he grabbed a glass.
„Maybe." I just took the whole bottle of wine and drank the half of it. With my gesture, Val recognized that I wouldn't need a glass anymore.

„Why are you two sharing a room again?" He wanted to know in a sarcastic tone.
„Mimzy hoped she could learn something when we're together. Well, appearently, she can't. I'm just as butthurting as her."
„I'm glad you understand, slut."
„Yes, fuck you too." I took another sip of the bottle. There was still time left before the show started and it was kinda a ritual to talk to Val to calm myself down.