Chapter 11: Partners in Crime [Flashback]

New Orleans, Louisiana(Your P.O.V.)

My boss gave me a few days off so I could spent some time with friends or my family. Just doing whatever I would like to. And that included a nice day at Marjories home. We chatted alot and cooked together for us and her boyfriend. After dinner, I wanted to leave so the couple could still have time for themselves and I wouldn't get home too late.

„You're sure Archie shouldn't come with you? It's already dark." My friend asked with a worried face when she brought me at the door.
„I am fine, Mary. Nothing will happen, I promise." I assured and she nodded hesitately.
„Okay, but please call me if you're home." She hugged me.
„Sure." I waved her a Goodbye before I walked outside and took a deep breath in.

On my way home, the wind got stronger and stronger, like a storm. I passed an alleyway and stopped for a moment. The alleyway was a shortcut to my apartment and to be honest, it wasn't my intention to stay outside any longer when there really was a storm.

Without looking back, I entered the alleyway. Just some street lamps brightend up the way and the wind whistled through the trees, making them to fall their leaves faster. When I reached the half way, I got a strange feeling inside of me... like someone was following me. Could it be...?

A sharp pain went through my whole body and I fell on the ground. Ignoring the blood, I tried to react quick and took my knife out of my new coat. I stood up and stabbed into the killers flesh, hearing him groan in pain. I was somehow able to kneel above him.

„Not today, asshole!" I shouted and got my knife ready to murder him. But before the knife could pierce his heart, I saw his face thanks to the dimly street light and I stopped immediately. I quickly got up and stared at him in shock.

„A...Alastor...? You are...?" I mumbled while I finally held my wound he caused in my shoulder. The only man I could imagine as my lover someday should be a serial killer? Well, I also did a murder, so who was I to judge him? But I definitely never thought it could be someone like him...

He looked at me after he also stood on his feet again. It seemed I hit his arm with my knife.
„I think I know you... we have met a couple of days ago, haven't we?" He questioned and walked closer to me.
„Uh yeah... you helped me and gave me your umbrella..." I replied in this freaking awkward situation.
„Yes, I remember. Your name was (y/n)." He let his knife vanished in his pocket but I didn't trust his actions. Especially not after what happened with George.

„How is your injury?" I wanted to know so we wouldn't get in some weird silence.
„Could be worse.""He answered. I took a look at his forearm. The blood was dropping from his finger tips. With a sigh, I removed my scarf and tied it around his wound so he won't lose even more blood.

I had no clue why I cared about him since he attacked me first and I also got hurt but I kinda wanted to help him.
„My apartment isn't that far away. Come with me, I can tie up your injury with a bandage... and mine too." I scretched my head and tried to ignore the pain in my shoulder.

I heard his lovely chuckle he also made when we met the first time.
„You know you got nearly killed by my hand, dear?" He asked.
„Oh, I'm totally aware of that fact. And believe me, I won't hesitate to defend myself if you try it again." I answered in a monotonous voice and gave him a serious face expression. „But I am not willing to waste my time in a stinky alleyway. Accept my offer or do whatever you want." I crossed my arms impatiently and waited for his decision.

I saw his lips forming a smile.
„I am not sure if you're a friendly lady or insane... but I will take your offer."
„Probably a little bit from both." I shrugged. „This way." I led him through the alleyway to my apartment and quickly made sure no neighbours would see us before I opened the door and stepped in.