Chapter 9 Stripes

Allie's Pov

I held Stripes in my arms. Lately he had been acting very weird. I've noticed that he sleeps more and doesn't move very much. I think he may be sick and that worriers me more than anything at the moment. I felt he needed some fresh air so here we were sitting underneath our favorite tree that we take naps under. Blitz rubbed her head against my arm. I smiled weakly at her. She knew he didn't feel well too. 

"He'll be okay..." I whispered to her gently scratching behind her ear. She meowed and laid close to me. I looked at Stripes who was breathing normally. I sighed and leaned back against the tree closing my eyes. We all needed a little rest.

I knew the moment I woke up something wasn't right. First all I heard loud meowing that sounded scared. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked over to see what was going on. My heart felt like it stopped. Blitz was pawing at Stripes who was laying still. To still. I slowly reached out. It felt as thought everything was moving in slow motion.

"Stripes?" I questioned gently shaking him. He didn't move and I noticed he wasn't breathing either. "No..." I shook him again. Blitz watched me as she once again meowed. "Stripes!" I screamed as I burst into tears.

Sadiq's Pov

I had just entered the kitchen to get something to drink when all of a sudden I heard Allie scream. I dropped the drink I was holding and ran to where I knew I would find her. I froze at the door. She was under the tree I'd see her and the cats nap at. She was crying holding something and rocking back and forth. 

"Allie?" I moved closer and noticed it was her cat Stripes she was holding. She looked up her eyes were red and puff and the tears weren't going to stop anytime soon. 

"He... he...." She couldn't bring her self to say anything. She went back to holding the cat close. I could hear her mumble to him. "Wake up... Please wake up." My heart shattered from seeing her like this. 

"Allie... I...." I didn't know what to say.

"I knew he was sick.... and he died because of it..." She cried. 

"No you couldn't-" She glared up at me and that shut me up. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I knew what had to be down. I turned around and walked back to the house.

Allie's Pov

I can't believe he is just going to walk off and leave me here to go through this alone. I didn't know whether to be hurt and broken or upset and angry. So many emotions filled me. I looked back down at Stripes. He can't be dead. Blitz hadn't quite meowing this entire time. 

"I'm so sorry B-blitz" I said between sobs. Her ears were down and sadness clouded her eyes. 

"Allie..." I heard Sadiq's voice speak softly. When had he come back. I looked up trying to glare but unable to. It turned to shock as I saw what he was holding. A little golden box big enough to hold a little cat and his favorite silk that he would brag about. 

"Why?" I asked still in shock.

"Do you wont me to do it or...?" He asked ignoring my question. I sniffled but held out my hand and Sadiq placed the silk within my hand. As gently as I could I wrapped it around Stripes. Sadiq put the box and the ground and once I had Stripes wrapped the way I wanted he was set in the box. Sadiq placed the top on the box then stood up. I hadn't even noticed the shovel until Sadiq started to dig a hole under the tree. 

"I'll take care of this part... Look after Blitz." He said as he dug. Blitz rubbed against my hand. I picked her up and held her close. She licked my face. Once the hole was deep enough Sadiq leaned the shovel against the tree once more then turned to the box. He lifted it up and sat it in the hole. Fresh tears slid down my face. Sadiq finished covering the hole and turned to me. He threw the shovel away dropping to his knees and pulling me into a hug.

"Allie I am so very sorry..." He said and if I didn't know any better he was trying not to cry himself. "Cry if you need to... I'm here..." And that was exactly what I did.

Sadiq's Pov

She cried as I held her close. It felt like we stayed like that for hours until I felt her go limp. Looking down I saw she had passed out. Sighing I picked her up bridal style and entered my house. Blitz followed right behind us. I laid her in her bed helping Blitz up as well. I left closing the door and going straight to my room. Once the door was shut I found myself sliding down it.

"Damn it!" I slammed my fist into the wall. I found myself crying. I removed my mask to wipe them away. She was heartbroken now I knew she was. How was I gonna fix that? Why do I want to fix it? Because I don't like seeing her cry. What was this girl and her cats doing to me?