A Perfect Dish-Teruteru Hanamura x Reader

Requested by _i_am_kork_ Thanks for the request! I've wanted to write a oneshot for TeruTeru for so long, so thanks for giving me a reason! Enjoy!

Trigger warning: Angst, suicidal reader, attempted suicide 

"I had a feeling I'd find you here. Sweets do tend to be in the kitchen."

"Ah!" You jumped at the voice, flinging the frosting you had been piping onto the cake you were working on up. You turned to the doorway and saw it was Teruteru. You relaxed and gave him a soft smile. "Oh, hi Teruteru." You greeted. "You surprised me."

"I do apologize, mon cherie." The chef apologized with a chuckle as he entered the kitchen of the old building. He looked at your face and smirked. "You have something...all over your face."

You blinked before reaching your hand up and touching your face. When you brought it back down, white frosting was on your hand. Your eyes widened and you rushed to grab a towel.

Teruteru laughed behind you. "If I had known you were into such things, I would have offered for you to be covered in my homemade white frosting, if you know what I mean~."

You felt your face heat up as you wiped the frosting off your face. "T-Teruteru!" You exclaimed, looking over to your friend as you made your way back to where your baked goods were.

Unlike most of the others, you were pretty close to Teruteru. Sure, his perverted attitude was a bit off putting, but it didn't really bother you as much as it did the others. Plus, with you being the Ultimate Baker, the two of you were able to talk about your similar talents and get on a relatively similar wavelength. 

"Ooo, what luck that I get to be placed in such a cramped and steamy place with a sweet little thing such as yourself~" The short boy flirted, winking at you as he walked over to the stove.

You felt your blush darken. "Teru, if you don't stop that, I won't get these cakes done in time for the party." You told him.

The Ultimate raised a brow. "Oh? And why would that be? Perhaps because you and I would be busy making something sweet of our own?"

You let out a surprised squeak and dropped the spatula you were holding. "W-what?! No! T-that's not what I was implying at all!" You hurriedly said. You picked up the spatula with a sigh. "Just, please stop with the flirting and pervy comments at least until we're done in here, Teruteru? You know I fluster easy, and you wouldn't want to serve lackluster dishes, right?"

The boy gave you a smile and a soft chuckle. "Oh, alright, since you asked so nicely. And you do have a point. If we got distracted our dishes wouldn't be on par with our titles, and that would be the greatest shame of our lives."

You giggled. "I dunno if it would be the greatest shame." You replied as you piped stars onto the rather large cake you had just finished frosting. "This is just a party on some random island we were somehow taken to."

"It doesn't matter the occasion!" Teruteru rebutted as he began placing ingredients in a pot. "If anything I serve is ever anything other than exquisite, I would be ashamed to call myself the Ultimate Chef!"  

You smiled to yourself, as you began working on making some fruit tarts. You wouldn't admit it out loud, but you may have had a small crush on the plump chef. He really was a nice guy when you got to know him.

As you both did your separate work, you glanced over to him. "Hey, Teruteru?"

He looked over his shoulder at you, a flirty grin on his face. "Yes, sugar?~"