Katorse

I CLOSED my eyes and rested my head at the back of swivel chair. Ayokong pumasok because I'm damn hurting, not because of Eumi coming back but because of Alair, hurting because of my idiocy.

"Drystan. Before you say that you like a girl. Be sure that you've already let go of the past because it hurts like hell being a victim of that pain that someone gave you. I have nothing to do with it but it turned out, that I'm the one who felt much pain because you, not letting it go."

Her words are still in my head, clearly and those words really hit me. I'm suck a big jerk for hurting an innocent girl who have nothing to do with my past. I should've been honest to her. Now, I'm regretting.

Alair... Alair... Alair...

"Sir, Ms. Quinn said she's busy. Ipapadala niya nalang daw yung financial report." Napamulat ako ng dumating ang sekretarya ko. Damn, nagawa ko na lahat para makausap siya except, ako ang lumapit. I tried visiting at her place but her boardmate didn't let me see her.

"Alair! Come outside! Baby talk to me!" I shouted while I'm at their gate. I'm outside their bording house and the lights are off but I can see a little light so I guess the lamp shade is on.

"Alair! Baby! Please come out!" I continue shouting until a lady came. She's on the same age of Alair, I think. Tinignan niya ako ng masama.

"Hoy Mister! Alam mo ba kung anong oras na?! Ano namang naisipan mo at ngayon ka pa nambulabog ha?!" Sigaw niya saakin but I don't really give a damn right now. I badly want to talk to Alair.

"I don't care! Just bring Alair here!" I shouted back. Kumunot naman ang noo niya at mas lalong naningkit ang mata.

"Sinong Alair ha?! Si Serene? Ah ikaw si Drystan? Oh wala siya dito ngayon kaya umalis ka!" She said at umaktong tatalikod na.

"No! That's a lame reason for situation like this! I know that she's here! Alair come out!" Sigaw ko at ginalaw galaw ang gate nila. May hiya at respeto pa naman ako, kung wala lang, kanina ko pa sana inakyat to because I really want to talk and explain to my Alair.

"Oh alam mo naman pala! Edi bumalik ka nalang bukas. Hindi naman aalis yang bahay na yan dito." saad niya at tinuro pa ang bahay. Matigas akong umiling.

"No. I want to talk to Alair. Please let me talk to my baby." Frustration can be heard in my voice. I'm really frustrated because of that dumbness I did. Alair, talk to Drystan please.

Humakbang naman siya palapit saakin. Tinitigan niya ako. "Mr. Pyrros, we both know how much pain you gave to Alair tonight. Please, her eyes are really swollen from crying because of you. I can say that her heart is aching so much. Please, just let her rest. Just for tonight." She said, begging. Kaibigan nga ni Alair ito. Unti unting lumuwag ang pagkakahawak ko sa gate nila. Nakita ko naman siyang naglakad na papabalik.

"Baby, I won't give up even if Eumi came back." I said at bagsak ang mga balikat na sumakay sa kotse at umuwi.

"Call her again. Tell her another reason." I said and started scanning the papers. I'm glad that I'm still in my sanity but because of Alair, I'm really going to be insane.

"Sir! It's my fifth time calling her with different reasons! Pinagtitinginan na ako ng mga empleyado mo don!" Nagpapadyak pa siya. I sighed heavily and looked at her.

"Fine! Go back to your work!" I ordered and stood up. Now, ako na ang mag e-effort. Alair, I mean it when I told you that I won't give up.

"You're mine and mine alone."

I made my way down to the Accounting Department. Nang makarating ako ay aad tumabi ang mga taong naghihintay sa pagbukas ng elevator. The moment they saw me, they all greeted me but I don't give a fuck because Alair is my purpose why I'm here. Hindi kasi ako bumababa sa mga department unless it's very important and Alair is really important to me.

"Hey! Lunch break na! ay--Good Noon Mr. Thavrilla." I looked at the girl. The girl blushed kaya umiwas nalang ako ng tingin. I looked at my wrist watch and it's 12:00, I didn't eat anything since morning. I'm not used in eating alone anymore, and it's because of my Alair.

My eyes roamed around finding her. I gritted my teeth when I found her, talking to, who's that? Is that Kaeden?! Lumapit ako nang kaunti to confirm if it's that damn guy and it's really him!

Lumapit ako sakanila. I cleared my throat causing them to look at me. Nakita ko namang bahagyang nagulat si Alair pero agad ding nakabawi at nagiwas ng tingin. Kaeden greeted me but I'm focus on staring at Alair.

"Kaeden, tara kain na tayo." aya niya kay Kaeden. Medyo nag alinlangan pa ang lalaking because I'm looking at him. I badly want to punch his face when he said yes to my girl. Bago pa silla makalayo, I pulled Alair's hand to face me.

"Eat with me." I said, with full authority. I stared at her eyes and it's really swollen. Did she cry overnight? I feel guilty. I'm such a jerk, an asshole, a big asshole.

"May kasama na po ako Sir." sagot niya sa napaka pormal na paraan bago tinignan si Kaeden. Pilit niyang hinihila ang kamay niya but I tightened the grip. Pinagtitinginan na din kami ng ibang empleyado. "Sir, yung kamay ko po." sabi niya and even though, I don't want to let go of her, I did, to respect her.

"Baby, just eat with me please." I said, whispering. Alam kong nagulat siya lalong lalo na ang lalaking nasa tabi niya. I just called her baby in a public place but I really don't care.

"Just eat by yourself Sir." She answered making my heart clench in pain. Baby, why are you like this? You're hurting me.

You hurt her in the first place, idiot.

My brain answered. I sighed heavily and looked at her, with eyes begging.

"Will you let me to eat alone?" I asked. Alam kong hindi mo kaya Alair. I know you will not let me because you hate it when I'm sad because I'm always eating alone so everyday, you're eating with me. Alair, I know you won't-----.

"Isn't that what you did? You let me to received all the pain that I don't deserve." She said and pulled Kaeden's head. Leaving me, dumbfounded and hurting.

I don't feel like eating.

This is all your fault, Drystan. You're at goddamn fault.