Alternative Ending #3

Only Kamaria Dies

Kamaria grinned, Smith was dead. They killed her. Defeated her. Beat her at her own game. Kamaria looked at Jean, who she knew was weak. They both had used a lot of their power. Doing that drained them of energy. Kamaria knew they would die, but she knew about sacrifices. This would be her last. Kamaria touched Jean, and let her powers flow throughout her body.

Jean's eyes shot up. "What are you doing?" She asked. "Saving your life." She replied, not taking her hand off hers. "By killing yourself!" Jean yelled, trying to yank her hand away, but failed. "Kamaria stop." Jean shouted. Her hand started to turn light blue, and crystal-like. Jean felt her powers die down, the pain slowly dying out. Jean felt a tear go down her face. "Because I want this." Kamaria said, now looking into her friends eyes.

Jean face has a confused look all over it. This shocked her more than anything. "Jean I've always known my powers would get me killed. One way or another." Kamaria said. "Then I got these new ones. And I knew my fate was sealed. You're power and mine are unique. Smith was right about that. But you are so smart, Jean. You're better at controlling them better than I am." She added. Now her hands were both ice cold and crystallized. Placing her hands on Jeans arms, she smiled.

"Let me go, Jean." Kamaria softly said. Jean was starting to cry, "No! You're coming with me. We... we'll figure something out. We always do. We always have." She insisted. Her only response was shaking her head, "Not this time Jean." Kamaria whispered. "This time. I can't get out of this. I've made my choice." She said, putting her hands in hers. Jean shook her head, "No. You can make it. Just come with me. We can-." "Hush Jean. You can make it. You have your whole life ahead of you. All you have to do is walk." Kamaria said softly.

She looked down to her arms, and they were turning a deep blue. Kamaria smiled, and pulled Jean closer, and hugged her. She sobbed into the crook of her neck, "Please come with me." Jean pleaded. Kamaria outstretched her hands, and a small ball formed around Jean, it made a circle around her, before she was surrounded by it. "KAMARIA NO!" Jean yelled, pounding on the ice ball. "See you later, Jean." She said telepathically, before sending the ball towards Earth, with Jean inside.

There she was, in the void of space. Kamaria looked down at her legs. Her pants were torn a bit, and a hole was on her thigh. She saw the light blue creep up her legs, going up to her chest. When it got up to her bottom stomach, little light particles started to form around her. The tips of her blue ombré hair started to fly all around her. Kamaria felt it get harder to move, as if she were actually turning into a frozen sculpture. She looked up, and saw the stars, "God it's way more beautiful up here." The light was getting brighter and brighter.

She knew she was dying, she dreaded it since a child. But now, she didn't feel any different from yesterday. Nor a year ago. She felt the same. In fact, dying felt good to Kamaria. Like a sense of relief. A breath of fresh air. She felt the cold chill now creep up her chest, now losing most of the feeling of her legs. Kurt would feel upset. But she left  notes for him, and Jean. Oh she knew from the start she would die, even to protect Jean. She would hurt the most. For knowing her longer, and loving her like a sister, it would take longer for her.

Now Kamaria saw a turquoise light along her view. Mixing with the space sky, it was beautiful. Her last moments of life, in peace. That was it. All her life, since being a child, Kamaria wished for peace. Now she had it. The last chill went up her neck, to the strands of her hair, and onto her face. The light now all around her, seeing nothing but light. Her light. Kamaria smiled, and closed her eyes, as the light surrounded her. The last thing she felt was the cold ice chill go over her eyes, before a light blue blast exploded inside her heart, when went out of her.