Chapter 9

*Author's Note*
I'm sorry for the slow update but I've been really busy😫 this time I pinky promise that I'll update more😅🙏🏾 so I did some tweaks on the previous chapters and updated 3 chapters. Enjoy!❤️
____________________________

Miguel's POV

I was walking home after i dropped Alison to her house while I kept on replaying what happened. I honestly still don't believe that what happened actually happened. I hope we become closer cause I really like her and want to know her more.

I opened my house's front door and I found my mom in the living room watching BBC and my dad next to her asleep with his head on her shoulder. And from the looks of it, I think he was drooling on mom's shirt." Miguel! Where are you from, I thought u were in your room studying like you normally do." Mom asks while removing dad's head from her shoulder. "Nah I decided to get some fresh air." I replied then kissed her forehead. I went upstairs and bumped into my little sister doing what she usually does which is running around screaming, so I picked her up. "So Sarah. You don't even want to say hi to your big brother anymore?" She gave me a toothy grin and hugged me tight. She then fiddled in my hold and I put her down to let her do whatever mischief she had planned.

I reached my room and they came back. The flashbacks. I hate when they come. They always did. I had them since I was 8 years old and each year they keep getting worse. I told my parents about them and I even have medication but it's never enough. The only way I stopped them was by smoking a blunt and that's what I needed to do before they get worse. I needed to relax. To forget.

When I was five, I always changed schools Cause of my father's job. We moved from state to state and obviously it was hard to make friends with all the constant moving, so I stuck to books and being a smart ass. My dad decided to get a new job and stick to one place. He decided that we stay in California and that's when everything changed. I  was sitting in class as the awkward new kid and that's when my first best friend called Enzo decided to   talk to me. And for the first time in 5 years I was happy. Before him I never had any real friends. I never knew how it felt to be genuinely happy with someone else's company other than my family's.

[flashback]
" Enzo I'll get you for sure this time!" I yell while I run after him. We were playing tag in his front yard. My house was a few blocks from his so I went to his his place every Saturday." Come inside guys, Lunch is ready" his mother called.We were halfway inside when I stopped him and said. "race me to my house and I'll give you five dollars if you beat me there" "oh it's on!" Enzo shouts while running behind me. When I was running, I tripped in the middle of the street. When I was getting up, I heard a honk. Everything happened so fast. someone pushed me hard and that's when I heard something get hit. I got up and saw Enzo's dad on the ground, blood coming out from his head, his bones looked broken, and his head was facing me. His eyes were looking at me. They were so lifeless, he wasn't moving.
that's when I knew everything was about to change..

My body was shaking after remembering what happened. Enzo's mother never let me come over to their place after that. She kept on telling me that it's my fault her husband was dead. And as for Enzo, he hated me after that. Kids started bullying me at school after they found out about what happened, so my family and I decided to move.

Tears started building up and dripping so I wiped them off and calmed myself down. It was dark outside so I headed out and went to where dealers usually are which is behind the building of our local supermarket.

I found a girl there and she looked really familiar. But I was behind her so I couldn't tell. She was wearing a black hoodie but I couldn't see her well cause of the dim light. I approached her and when she turned around, I froze.. what the...