Prologue

On the island of Phthia, the legendary warrior Achilles is training his twelve year old daughter Pyrrha Nikos in sword combat. Despite her young age and small stature, Pyrrha proves to be a formidable sword fighter. As she blocked a strike from her father's training sword, Achilles offers a lesson. 

Achilles: Never hesitate. You enemies won't. 

As Pyrrha goes for a thrust, Achilles grabs her arm and throws her, but she was able to keep her stance as she turns right back around and continues sparring with her father. When the two wooden swords clashed, Pyrrha smiles. 

Pyrrha: Nervous father?

Achilles: Petrified. 

The two continue to spar. As Achilles raises his right hand to strike, Pyrrha lifts her sword to parry the blow. When she does, she finds the sword no longer on his right hand, but on his left pointing at her throat. 

Pyrrha: You told me to never switch sword hands. 

Achilles smirks as they two continue exchanging blows. 

Achilles: Yes. When you know how to use it, you won't be taking my orders. 

When Pyrrha moves in for a thrust, Achilles knocks the sword out of her hand. After that, he sees a group of horsemen riding for the ruins. Achilles smiles as he picks up a spear and throws it at a tree to greet the visitors. The leader of the group smirks as he gets off his horse and walks up to the father and daughter. 

Man: Your reputation for hospitality is fast becoming legend! 

Achilles: I don't like that smile, my friend. It's the smile you smile when you want me to fight another war. Pyrrha Nikos, my daughter. Odysseus, king of Ithaca. 

Pyrrha smiles on King Odysseus and bows to him. 

Pyrrha: Greetings King Odysseus. 

Odysseus: Pyrrha. I knew your mother well. I miss her.

Pyrrha: As do I. I miss her every day. 

Odysseus: Now you have this one watching you, eh? Learning from Achilles himself! Kings would kill for that honor! 

Achilles: Are you here on Agamemnon's bidding?

Odysseus: We need to talk. 

Odysseus soon walked the steps of the ruins with Achilles and Pyrrha following. 

Achilles: I will not fight for that bastard. How many times have I fought for him and not be shown the respect I've earned?

Odysseus: I'm not asking you to fight for him. I'm asking you to fight for the Greeks. 

Achilles: Are the Greeks tired of fighting each other? Why should I care about the Trojans? They've never harmed me. 

Odysseus: They insulted Greece. 

Achilles: They insulted one Greek. A man who couldn't hold on to his own wife. And a brother of Agamemnon no less. What business is that of mine?

Odysseus: Your business is war my friend. 

Achilles: Is it? The man has no honor. 

Odysseus: Let Achilles fight for honor. Let Agamemnon fight for honor and let the Gods decide who to glorify. 

Pyrrha smiles as she grips her wooden sword. She decided to once again test her father's reflexes. 

Pyrrha: For the Greeks father!

Achilles's reflexes were quick as the two exchange blows. Odysseus smiles at the way their bonding. 

Odysseus: Forget Agamemnon. Fight for me! My wife would feel much better if she knows you're by my side. I'd feel much better! 

After a quick skirmish, Achilles quickly disarms his daughter and taps her hand with the sword. 

Odysseus: This will be the greatest war that has ever been fought. 

Pyrrha: Prince Hector, is he a good a warrior as legend says?

Odysseus: The best of all the Trojans. They say he's better than all the Greeks. 

Pyrrha was in disbelief that there was a warrior that could be as great a warrior as her father. 

Odysseus: Even if your father doesn't come, I hope you join us young Pyrrha! The Greeks could use a strong arm like yourself! Hector would never think twice about you!

Achilles rolls his eyes at Odysseus's words. He takes his practice sword and holds it as a barrier between his daughter and the Ithacan king.

Achilles: Play your tricks on me, but not my daughter. 

Odysseus: You have your sword and I have my tricks. We play with what the Gods give us! We sail for three days. This war will never be forgotten. Nor will the Heroes who fought it. 

As Odysseus rides away, Achilles contemplates fighting the war. After two days, Achilles decides to fight the Trojan War as he saw it as an opportunity for eternal glory. As he gets his armor and and has his weapons ready, Pyrrha meets with her father.

Pyrrha: Can't I go with you father?

Achilles: No Pyrrha. 

Pyrrha: But I'm ready father! You taught me how to fight!

Achilles: You're a good student, but you're too young. I cannot fight the Trojans if I'm concerned for you. Your time will come. I am sure of it. 

Achilles gets on one knee to his daughter and kisses her forehead. He felt pride in his daughter. Despite her young age, she had his warrior's spirit. 

Achilles: Remember what I taught you. It is better to live a short life of glory.....

Pyrrha:....than a long life of obscurity. 

Achilles is impressed by his daughter's taking in his lessons. He ruffles her red hair and smiles. 

Achilles: I've taught you well Pyrrha. I am very proud of you. 

Pyrrha smiles as he hugged her father goodbye. As Achilles boarded the ship with the fierce Myrmidons. As she watched the ship sail away, Pyrrha was eager to resume her training with her father. But that would never come as Achilles would die in the Trojan War, but achieve the eternal glory he craved.