Chapter V

Pyrrha and the Myrmidons marched out of the Mycenaean palace and into the forest. As they marched through the forest, a sense of uneasiness had surrounded the Myrmidons.

Eudoros: The men are uneasy.

Pyrrha: I know. Something's watching us.

Eudoros: Are you sure?

Pyrrha then looked around the treeline. The treeline was thick and made finding anyone difficult. Despite this, Pyrrha listened to her instincts. As they kept marching, Pyrrha and the Myrmidons reached an open area with forest surrounding it. Pyrrha then halted her troops. 

Pyrrha: Eudoros. Something's not right. 

Eudoros: What are your orders? 

Pyrrha: You and I will scout ahead for any possible enemies. Alexandros! Have the Myrmidons make camp here! 

Alexandros: Aye!

Pyrrha and Eudoros readied their weapons and began scouting the path ahead while Alexandros and the rest of the Myrmidons set up a camp. As Pyrrha and Eudoros explored the forest, the two warriors kept their guard up. 

Eudoros: It's quiet. Too quiet. 

Pyrrha: We're not alone. Someone is here with us. 

Eudoros looked around the forest for any possible movement. He couldn't find any movement other than movement caused by the wind. At this point, both Pyrrha and Eudoros were convinced that they were being watched. Suddenly, they heard a branch breaking next to them.

Eudoros: Did you hear that?

Pyrrha: They're here.

Suddenly, the pair were attacked by three people wearing hoods. One was a female wielding a sledgehammer. The other two were men with one wielding two sickles and the other wielding a sword and shield. Pyrrha took on the male with the sword and shield while Eudoros took on the other two. Eudoros kept his guard up. 

Eudoros: Who are you?!

The two said nothing as they attacked Eudoros. The woman began swinging her sledgehammer while the male swung his two sickles. Eudoros was able to block the attacks with his shield. Meanwhile, Pyrrha fought against the man with the sword and shield. She kept a steady form while the man began to shake slightly. 

Pyrrha: I know you don't want to do this. Turn back and your life will be spared. 

Without hesitation, the man began swinging his sword. Pyrrha was able to swiftly disarm him and knock him to the ground. She removed his hood revealing a blonde haired man. She then held her Milo sword to his throat. 

Pyrrha: It's over. 

Hooded Female: Let him go!

Pyrrha kept her sword trained on the blonde while she turned her head to see the two hooded figures holding Eudoros hostage. Seeing this angered her, but Pyrrha kept he cool. 

Hooded Female: Let him go or the old man dies!

Hooded Male: Hold on a second Nora! These people don't look like they're with Agamemnon! 

Nora: We don't know that, Ren! We can't take that chance! 

Pyrrha: We're not with Agamemnon. 

Ren: Listen to her Nora. Remember what Ozpin taught us. 

Upon hearing Ozpin's name, Pyrrha and Eudoros immediately realized that the these three were followers of Ozpin. Pyrrha turned her attention to the blonde. She could see the fear in his face. 

Pyrrha: What's your name?

The blonde was hesitant for a moment. He was then smitten by Pyrrha. He had never seen a woman with beauty like hers. It was almost divine. 

Blonde Male: J....Jaune....

Pyrrha then unsheathed her Milo sword and helped Jaune up. 

Pyrrha: We mean you no harm Jaune. 

At this point, Nora and Ren saw no threat in Pyrrha and Eudoros as they released Eudoros. After this, Pyrrha spoke with Nora and Ren. 

Pyrrha: Who are you? 

Ren: I am Lie Ren. This is Nora Valkyrie and you've already met Jaune Arc. 

Eudoros: You mentioned Ozpin. You know of him?

Jaune: Ozpin took us in when we had no one. He's practically our dad. 

Nora: We'll protect him with our lives! You said you don't align with Agamemnon. Is that the truth?

Pyrrha: Agamemnon is no friend of mine. 

Upon hearing this, the trio took a moment to talk among themselves. As they did, Pyrrha spoke with Eudoros. 

Eudoros: What's your plan?

Pyrrha: Agamemnon is going through a lot of trouble to kill Ozpin. I want to know why. 

Eudoros: Do you intend to kill him?

Pyrrha: I don't know. I intend to find out what threat Ozpin poses on Agamemnon. I will not dishonor my honor or the honor of my father to kill a good man for a pig like Agamemnon. 

Eudoros: Be careful about this, Pyrrha. There is more to this than we know. Whatever choice you make, the Myrmidons and I will follow you without hesitation. 

Pyrrha: Thank you Eudoros. Know that your honor will not be stained. 

After this, the three spoke with Pyrrha and Eudoros. 

Ren: We've decided that you are friends. We present no threat to you. 

Pyrrha: I gladly accept this offer of friendship. Though I must ask you a favor. 

Ren: What would that be?

Pyrrha: We wish to meet with Ozpin. Agamemnon sent us to kill him, but I have no intention of following that pig's orders. 

The trio were caught off guard by Pyrrha's honesty. Despite his, they could trust Pyrrha. 

Jaune: We'll take you and your men to Ozpin. He'll be delighted about the company. 

Pyrrha: The Myrmindons and I will not disappoint. Follow us. 

After that, Pyrrha and Eudoros would gather the Myrmindons and follow the trio back to the cave where Ozpin lived in. Once there, Pyrrha would hope to finally get some answers about everything.