Chapter VI

After their run in with Ozpin's followers, Pyrrha and Eudoros along with the Myrmidons followed them to the entrance to a cave.

Pyrrha: This is Ozpin's hideout?

Jaune: Yeah. We've called this place home for as long as we can remember.

Eudoros: Why hasn't Agamemnon attacked this place?

Ren: There is more to this place than meets the eye. It is how Ozpin has survived this long.

Nora was still distrustful of Pyrrha and the Myrmidons. The large numbers of the Myrmidons made her feel uneasy. She soon approached Pyrrha.

Nora: Nikos. Only you and your lieutenant shall enter the cave. The rest of your men will wait out here.

Upon hearing this, Pyrrha looked to her men. While she didn't want to leave her men, she understood where Nora was coming from.

Pyrrha: A fair compromise. I shall honor your wishes. All that I ask is that my men be treated honorably as you have treated me.

Ren: No harm will befall on your men as long as no harm comes to Ozpin or any of our brothers and sisters.

Pyrrha nodded her head in agreement as she respected their wishes. The three followers of Ozpin led Pyrrha and Eudoros into the cave. As they enter the cave, they immediately notice the intricate tunnel systems within the cave. 

Pyrrha: I can see why Agamemnon was never able to take this place. 

Eudoros: Aye. You easily funnel a large army in here and use their numbers against them. 

Soon enough, they found themselves standing before a white haired old man tending to a fire. 

Pyrrha: Ozpin.....

Ozpin looked a Pyrrha with unblinking eyes. Pyrrha was unsure about this, but Ozpin soon smiled and lets out a small chuckle. 

Ozpin: The daughter of Achilles...

Upon hearing this, Pyrrha was caught off guard.

Pyrrha: You....you knew my father?

Ozpin: I never met him, but I know his legend. All of Greece knows the legend of Achilles: the greatest warrior of his age. A man who ended wars with a swing of his sword. Come Pyrrha. Sit. 

Pyrrha then sits beside Ozpin in the camp fire. The fact that he knew not only her name, but her father puzzled her. 

Pyrrha: Why does Agamemnon want you dead?

Ozpin: He believes that by killing me, he can alter his destiny. The Gods have spoken on his fate and nothing on this Earth shall alter it. 

Eudoros: What destiny do you speak of?

Ozpin: His fall has been foretold by the Gods. The power he desperately wants will slip from his fingers. But more importantly, he will fall by the hand of Achilles. 

Upon hearing this, both Pyrrha and Eudoros were even more puzzled by Ozpin's words. 

Pyrrha: But my father has been dead for years. How could he be responsible for Agamemnon's fall? 

Ozpin: The Gods work in interesting ways. 

Pyrrha: I....I must be honest with you. Agamemnon sent me here to kill you. 

Upon hearing this, Nora readied her hammer, but Ozpin gestured her to stand down. After a moment of silence, Ozpin chuckled. 

Ozpin: It is ironic how the line of Achilles finds itself in servitude of Agamemnon. Do you intend to follow through with it?

Pyrrha took a moment to think on this. She hated Agamemnon with all her being. Ozpin spoke strange and confusing words. The thought of serving Agamemnon sickened her. She remembered hearing of all the humiliations her father suffered under Agamemnon during the Trojan War. An uneasy silence echoed through the cave. Jaune along with Ren and Nora were unsure what to make of this silence. Eudoros could feel the tension in the room. After a moment of silence, Pyrrha looked to Ozpin. 

Pyrrha: No. I will not serve Agamemnon's madness. I will not dishonor my name or my father's in service to Agamemnon. I will not sully the reputation of the Myrmidons for Agamemnon. 

Ozpin smiled as the room calmed down. He placed his hand on Pyrrha's shoulder as he warmly smiled at her. 

Ozpin: You truly are your father's daughter. 

Pyrrha: Eudoros? Are you with me?

Eudoros: Aye. I will stand by your side no matter what. As will the Myrmidons. 

Meanwhile, Cinder had been watching from afar as they Myrmidons made camp near the cave. For hours, she waited to hear the sound of bloodshed, but heard nothing but silence. She then got on her horse and made her way to the palace where she met Agamemnon. 

Cinder: My King. 

Agamemnon: What is it, Cinder? Has Ozpin been dealt with?

Cinder: I personally followed the girl and her troops to see if they would follow through. The Myrmidons are camped near the entrance to the cave. I've heard nothing since. I believe she's betrayed you. 

Upon hearing this, anger began to fill Agamemnon. This display of betray deeply angered him.

Agamemnon: Stupid girl. She will regret crossing me. 

Cinder: What are your orders?

Agamemnon: Take your troops to the cave and wipe them out. Leave no survivors. Bring me the head of Ozpin, but bring the girl to me alive. I will personally make her suffer for her insolence.

Cinder: What about her lieutenant?

Agamemnon: I have no use of  old Eudoros. Do whatever you wish with him. I do not care what you do with him. Now go. 

Cinder: It will be done, my king.

In that moment, Cinder gathered her troops and prepared to unleash Agamemnon's fury and vengeance upon Pyrrha and the Myrmidons for their betrayal.