Chapter XI

Chaos had broken out in the Mycenaean palace. Pyrrha's forces engaged in a bloody struggle with Agamemnon's forces. The Myrmidons fought fiercely.

Pyrrha: KEEP PUSHING FORWARD! WE CANNOT ALLOW AGAMEMNON TO ESCAPE!

Eudoros: WE WILL NOT FAIL YOU! AGAMEMNON WILL FALL THIS DAY!

Pyrrha and the Myrmidons continued to move through the palace while encountering fierce resistance. Jaune led Ren and Nora covered for the assault. Nora began taking down enemies with her hammer while Ren cut through the enemies with his twin sickles. 

Nora: This is for Ozpin, you bastards! 

Ren: Watch your back, Nora!

Meanwhile, Jaune fought alongside Eudoros. The intensity of the battle quickly scared him beyond all measure, but he continued to fight with his sword while blocking the attacks with his shield. 

Eudoros: We must keep moving! Every second we lose is time Agamemnon could use to escape!

Pyrrha: We will not let that happen!

Pyrrha and the Myrmidons continued to push their way to the palace in search for Agamemnon. There were enemies at every corner as they Mycenaean warriors continued to inflict casualties on the Myrmidons. As the fighting spilled onto the palace gardens, a voice called out to Pyrrha. 

???: PYRRHA NIKOS!

Pyrrha soon turned her attention to a fully armored Cinder Fall. Pyrrha and Cinder soon confronted one another. 

Pyrrha: My quarrel is not with you, Cinder Fall. I seek only Agamemnon. Walk away and I will spare your life. 

Cinder: King Agamemnon calls for you to be brought to him alive. I intend to bring your head to him. 

Without hesitation, Pyrrha and Cinder engaged in a heated sword fight. Cinder quickly proved to be more than a match for Pyrrha. Pyrrha had never faced anyone with such skill in all her life. Soon enough, Cinder begins to gain the upper hand. 

Cinder: Is that all you got?! I've heard stories about how you are the greatest warrior in all of Greece?! Is this all the legacy of Achilles has to offer?!

Cinder soon begins to attack Pyrrha with brutal attacks. During the brawl, Cinder disarms Pyrrha and attempts to land the killing blow, but Eudoros intervenes. 

Eudoros: You will not harm her!

Cinder soon engages in a sword fight with Eudoros. Despite his age, Eudoros holds his own against Cinder. 

Cinder: Not bad for an old man, Eudoros. 

Eudoros continues to fight Cinder with all his might, but Cinder quickly overpowers Eudoros as she kicks him to the ground. As she moves on him, Eudoros reaches for his sword and goes for the killing blow, but Cinder thrusts her sword into Eudoros's chest, fatally wounding him. 

Pyrrha: EUDOROS! 

Cinder then begins attacking Jaune. In the chaos, Pyrrha moves to the dying Eudoros. 

Eudoros: Pyrrha.....win this battle for me.....

As Eudoros spoke his last words, he dies in Pyrrha's arms. Mourning the loss of her friend, Pyrrha soon saw Eudoros's killer attacking Jaune. Pyrrha readied her sword and lunged at Cinder. Pyrrha and Cinder exchange blows with one another. 

Pyrrha: You will pay for the life you have taken!

Cinder: Do not fear, Nikos. For you will reunite with old Eudoros in the Hades!

Cinder soon runs her sword through Pyrrha's abdomen, severely wounding her. Pyrrha spits blood at Cinder as she plunges the sword deeper, causing more pain. 

Cinder: The line of Achilles ends this day!

Pyrrha: Not.....as long as I....still draw breath!

Pyrrha then reaches for a broken spear and hack's at Cinder's neck. Despite this grievous wound, Cinder once more runs her sword further in Pyrrha's abdomen. Pyrrha continued to fight on as she punches Cinder in the face. As both women fell to their knees, Pyrrha pulls the sword out and runs it through Cinder's mouth killing her. After this, Jaune runs to her. 

Jaune: Pyrrha! We need to....

Pyrrha: No....this is where my destiny ends. Take Ren and Nora and leave this place. Find a boat and take yourselves as far away as you can. 

Jaune: But Pyrrha.....

Pyrrha: Go. Live your lives. Live. 

Without warning, the wounded Pyrrha pulled Jaune over for a kiss. In that moment, the chaos of the battle seemed nonexistent. When the kiss ended, a teary eyed Jaune gazed into Pyrrha's eyes. 

Pyrrha: Go.....

With a silent goodbye, Jaune ran to Ren and Nora. 

Jaune: We must leave. 

Nora: What about Pyrrha? 

Jaune was silent at Nora's question. Ren was quickly able to figure out what Jaune planned to do. 

Ren: Pyrrha has made her choice. She's giving us time to escape. We must leave now. 

Nora: We can't leave her now! She needs us!

Jaune: Ren's right. Pyrrha is staying behind so that we may escape. She'll kill Agamemnon. I know she will......

With tears in his eyes, Jaune led Ren and Nora out of Agamemnon's palace. In the ensuing chaos, Jaune took Ren and Nora to the docks where they took a small boat. Ren took control of the oat as they began to sail away. Meanwhile, Pyrrha slowly got up and coughed blood. She was then approached by a Myrmidon Captain. 

Myrmidon Captain: Pyrrha! We're being overrun! 

Pyrrha: We will....make our stand here. If we die, then we die as warriors. It...it was an honor to fight alongside you all....

With that, the Myrmidons chose to make their last stand as the Mycenaean warriors began to swarm them. Even with her wounds, Pyrrha made it her mission to end Agamemnon once and for all. Pyrrha slowly made her way to the throne room where she would confront Agamemnon.