Preview of Sunset: Chapter One

I found myself on a balcony. The moon shone brightly, illuminating the gray stone. I was in a castle. It wasn't Cygnus Keep, but it was still beautiful. What I found even more beautiful was the man standing at the railing. He was dressed from head to toe in black and his hair was as black as the shadows that whispered softly around us. His eyes were the colour of seawater. Blue and green mixed together. He was gorgeous, I had to admit.

I looked down at my clothes and found that I was wearing a gorgeous blood red dress. It was fitted and showed off my curves. My onyx D and dragon pendant dangled from my neck, reminding everyone around me of who I was.

"Princess Roxanna," I heard the man whisper. I looked up and smiled. That was me. Roxanna Drake, youngest child of Damien and Selena Drake, Princess of Vampires. Yup I was a Princess alright. But the man in front of me was no less either. He was a Prince.

"Prince Ayden," I whispered.

Ayden Valdis. The Crown Prince of Demons.

"It's getting dangerous for us to keep meeting like this," he told me.

"I know, but I need to see you," I admitted, "And this is the only way."

"I wish things didn't have to be this way," he told me, "But my Father will kill us both if he finds out that we're working together."

"I know," I assured him, "That's why we're doing this. But you need to come to me, align yourself with my family. Please."

"I can't, they won't accept me," Ayden told me, "Besides, I need more information before I even think about gathering allies."

"Okay," I agreed, "Do what you think is best. I'll be close by if you need me."

He nodded.

My eyes flew open and I felt someone shaking me

"Wake up, Roxy!" they called out. I internally groaned. Isabelle, my cousin and roommate was responsible for waking me. She was Unchi Gabriel and Mătuşă Raine's daughter.

"What the hell Izzy?" I groaned.

"It's almost time for class," she told me. That got me out of bed. I hated missing class, especially because the classes we took at Shadowfall Academy were no ordinary classes. After all, Shadowfall Academy was a school for the supernatural.

Witches, Faeries, Werewolves, Vampires. They came from all over the world to attend this school. It was like a safe haven for supernatural youth. We learned the usual things humans did, like math and science, but we also learned about magic, rituals, and the history of the supernatural world.