Broken Hearts

Hey guys. Sorry but today is a shorter chapter and not much happens. If you guys REALLY REALLY want another chapter and if I'm in a good mood, I MIGHT upload a second chapter during the week.

I hope everyone is alright and staying safe.

Three days pass quicker than Nyota would've hoped for. She hoped that everything will be in place and that everything will go smoothly. There didn't have to be violence or bloodshed for once.

"Hasira...I'm trusting you more than I trust myself. I hope I didn't make a mistake," Nyota mutters to herself.

Nyota had already told her parents and her friends about the situation. She didn't tell them about Hasira and what they had planned. Nyota didn't want to answer their questions or risk the plan being compromised. However, she needed them to help protect the Pridelands in case something went wrong. Nyota went to the hill, overlooking the border to the Outlands at sunset. She didn't have to arrive until a little later but she didn't want to take any chances. Nguvu showed up early as well. He sits beside Nyota, not daring to look at her. The kiss was still on both of their minds but neither dared to talk about it.

"You ok?" Nguvu asks to break the painful silence.

"Ask me when the battle is over," Nyota replies, trying to sound a little humourous.

"I'm...sorry about the kiss. I understand if you love my brother more than me. If you would rather go back to the way things were when we were just friends, I understand," Nguvu says with a sigh.

"Shouldn't you still be at Rafiki's tree?" Nyota replies, trying to change the subject.

"I wanted to be here to support you. Besides, you'll need all the help you can get. I just wanted to help and protect you. It's what I was born to do. It's what I want to do".

Nyota smiles. Imani was right. He cared for her deeply and all he's ever wanted to do was protect her and help her become the best leader she can be. She was truly grateful to have a friend like Nguvu.

Nyota leans her head on his shoulder, "I know. If we survive the battle, can we continue the conversation we had at Rafiki's tree?"

"R-really? You mean it?"

"Yeah".

Nguvu and Nyota stay like this for a while, sitting side by side as they watch the sunset. They pull apart when the sun had set and the stars started to show. They didn't want anyone to see them so close. They weren't so lucky. A golden furred lion hides in the bushes, his ears drooped and his heart grows heavy. He sneaks away to give the couple some alone time. Moyo waits for about an hour before he thinks about going back to wait with them for the Outlanders. He hesitates and decides to wait for a few more minutes, singing his woes to the wind.

'Baby, you and I are best friends
So I gotta keep a distance
'Cause I don't want to risk the thing that we have, no
And my tongue I gotta bite it
But it's oh, so hard to fight it
'Cause I don't wanna mess up all that we share
Oh, baby
Situation's crazy
How you make me love you, love you like that?
Love you, love you like that
Don't wanna
Be caught up in some drama
And jeopardize the friendship that we have
So that's where it ends
'Cause baby, I love you
But I am never gonna tell you so
We can be friends
But never a couple
I don't wanna, I don't wanna lose you, no
So I'll just go, go, gonna keep it under
It's good just the way that it is
Go, go, gonna keep it under
'Cause there's just too much I would miss
You're the needle in the haystack
That I found but need to put back
'Cause I don't wanna you to be that one thing I've lost, no
So the truth remains a secret
And forever I'ma keep it
'Cause I fell there is a line that we shouldn't cross
Oh, baby
Situation's crazy
How you make me love you, love you like that
Love you, love you like that
Don't wanna
Be caught up in some drama
And jeopardize the friendship that we have
So that's where it ends
'Cause baby, I love you
But I am never gonna tell you so
We can be friends
But never a couple
I don't wanna, I don't wanna lose you, no
So I'll just go, go, gonna keep it under
It's good just the way that it is
Go, go, gonna keep it under
'Cause there's just too much I would miss
Being with you is impossible
I can never be too close to you
Baby, I don't wanna lose you no
I ain't gonna be delusional (oh oh)
Emotions start to soar
I lock'em in a drawer
Forever gonna keep it just the way that it is
It is
So that's where it ends (so that's where it ends)
'Cause baby, I love you
But I am never gonna tell you so (no, no, no, no)
We can be friends
But never a couple (never a couple)
I don't wanna I don't wanna lose you, no
So I'll just go, go gonna keep it under
It's good just the way that it is
Go, go, gonna keep it under (yeah)
'Cause there's just too much I would miss
I'm gonna keep it under'

He soon goes to the boulders to join his friends. Kweli, Wakati and Kimya had already arrived and he sits beside them. Kion, Fuli, Bunga, Beshte and Ono arrive shortly after. Moyo sucks in a breath and straightens his shoulders. There were more important things than his feelings, he keeps telling himself. He looks at the stars above and sighs. It was going to be a long night.