Chapter Eight: "What's Wrong..."

Chapter Eight

"What's Wrong..."

Selena's Point Of View

"When you get to school, I need to talk to you."

"Why? What happened? Did Tristan-"

"Vanessa, calm down. I'll explain everything when you get to school." I say. "Leave in the next ten minutes."

"Okay...you better tell me every single detail about what happened, Selena. I'm serious." Vanessa says before she hangs up.

I sit my phone down on my bed as I change into some fresh clothes. I decided to not put any makeup on and to leave my hair natural. I really didn't feel like trying to look good.

As I grab my book bag my phone goes off on my bed. I rush over to it and check to see who it was.

"I'm here at school. Where are you?" Vanessa's text read.

I sigh. I was hoping it would have been Justin. Since he left last night after we kissed he hasn't texted me at all.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." I text back before I head downstairs.

"Morning, honey." my mother says as I find herself in the kitchen hovering over the stove. "I made some eggs and toast."

"I'm not really hungry. But thanks." I say.

"Are you sure you don't want any? There's plenty he-"

"Mom, I really have to go. I'm supposed to meet Vanessa at school." I say, grabbing my car keys and heading to the front door. "Sorry."

I climb into my car and make it roar to life. I turn the radio on and make it blast through my speakers.

My mind was racing, and has been since Justin left. We kissed. What does that mean? Did what Justin say actually mean anything? Was he being serious or did he just feel sorry for me for what happened between Tristan and I?

I rub my forehead in frustration. I feel like I am torn between two outcomes of what happened last night. One, being that Justin only feels sorry for me after what I've been through with Tristan. And second, being that Justin actually does want to make me happy.

I'm being pulled more towards the first outcome, though.

By the time I am brought out of my thoughts I have already arrived at the school.

I walk inside and find Vanessa sitting down in one of the chairs that are in the main lobby. "Finally!" she exclaims.

"Now, tell me what happened last night." she says as I sit down next to her in the chair next to her.

I take in a deep breath before I explain everything to her what happened. Starting from when Justin picked me up, to what Tristan did, to Justin staying at my house afterwards.

"Then...we kissed." I say slowly.

"Oh my gosh! You guys kissed?" Vanessa squeals in excitement.

"Yeah. That doesn't mean anything, though."

"Doesn't mean anything? Selena, he said he wanted to make you happy. You guys opened up. I think it means something."

"But how do I know if he's being serious? What if he's just doing this to give me his pity because he feels sorry for what happened with Tristan and I?" I point out.

"I don't know..." Vanessa trails off as the bell rings for us to go to class.

"I'll see you at lunch." I sigh and walk to my first class.

* * * * *

"Take your seats please, class." Mrs. Garcia says.

I stare at the empty desk next to me. Where is Justin?

"I usually don't do this, but I have to be at a meeting in five minutes." Mrs. Garcia says as she turns around and grabs a stack of papers from off her desk. "So I am going to give you your homework for tonight to work on. I expect every single one of you to finish it within this period. It shouldn't only take you about twenty minutes to complete it. But if you want homework tonight, don't bother working on it." She places the homework on my desk before she walks back to the front of the classroom. "If I get a complaint from another teacher about you guys messing around, the whole class gets a detention on Friday." she states before she finally leaves the room.

As soon as Mrs. Garcia wasn't in sight everyone turned to one another and started talking amongst each other. Few were actually smart and began working on the homework.

I pull out my phone to see if I had any new messages or missed calls from Justin; nothing. Only messages from Vanessa filled my lock screen. I sigh and drop my phone down into my book bag.

I start working on the homework to try and get my mind off Justin.

When I'm already done with the homework the two girls who sit by me-which I came to find out that their names are Chantel and Yovanna-started bickering over something.

"You can sit with us today, if you want." Yovanna says.

I pick my head up to see who she was talking to and found Justin walking towards me.

"Thanks, but I'm good." Justin turns them down before taking his seat at his desk next to mine. "Hey," he says turning towards me.

"Hi." I reply. "Where were you?"

"Home. I overslept." Justin says.

I notice the tiredness in his voice. But there is something else behind his voice. I can't put my finger on it though.

"Is that a worksheet?" Justin asks, pointing to the paper on my desk.

"Yeah. Our homework for tonight." I reply.

"Where's Mrs. Garcia?"

"At a meeting. That's why we have our homework to work on for the period."

"Oh, sweet." he says before he gets up and heads up to Mrs. Garcia's desk to grab the homework.

I could feel my heart slightly shattering inside of me. Justin is acting like nothing happened last night between us. Like I had told Vanessa, the kiss probably meant nothing. I was right.

"Not shocked to see that the homework is front and back." Justin says, sitting back down in his desk.

"Yeah." I say and look down at the paper.

"What's wrong?"

"N-nothing."

"You're lying. I can tell." he points me out. "What's wrong?"

"You want to know what's wrong? You're acting like nothing even happened between us last night!" I shout. A few heads turn our way.

"Selena-"

"If you want to pretend nothing happened, fine." I say, grabbing my bag and get up from my seat before I storm out of the classroom.

••••••••••••••••••••

Please vote and comment so I can have some feedback :)

Next chapter will be updated soon

Love you guys xoxo