10. The Last Day

2.20
Present
Mystic Falls

Third person p.o.v.
Arabella sat in the exact same spot in the couch as last night, where she fell asleep. Today was the last day before the Sacrifice. Elijah, Elena, Stefan, and Arabella were talking about what would happen next, as far as these next two days.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break this curse." Elijah said, standing in front of the other three in the room.

"Elena said that the the Sun and the Moon Curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan asks for clarification. He looks at Arabella with a confused face. "And you knew this?"

Arabella just shrugged. "You never asked."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

Everyone in the room feels uneased as Damon enters. "Then why are we letting him break this curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon..." Stefan warned.

"No, Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena says.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon says with sarcasm.

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena says with a tone of finality.

"All right, how do we break this curse." Stefan asks, wanting to know every detail.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward." Elijah says waving his hand at Arabella, to let her explain. Everyone in the room looks at her.

"Well, the ingredients, so to speak," Arabella says looking at Elijah with a quirk of a smile. "You already know."

"The moonstone." Stefan states.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." Arabella says, standing up and walking around a bit. "After that, Klaus being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks Arabella with an eyebrow raised.

"You, Elena, are the final part of the ritual." Arabella says pointing at the human. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death."

Stefan grabs Elena's hand as if to reassure her they would be okay, but Arabella thinks he was reassuring himself.

"And that's where Elijah comes in." Arabella says turning to him, who grabbed a box of the bookshelf.

He opens it and pulls something out, something that looks like a bottle. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena says.

"And then you won't." Elijah confirma with a nod.

"That's your plan?" Damon interrupts. "A magical witch potion with no expiration date? You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"