Chapter 5 More Than Meets The Eye

A few minutes later, Bendy had shared with Oswald everything about what had happened in full detail.

"That's awful, Bends." the rabbit said sympathetically.

" 'sn't matter now." Bendy murmured.

"Ya know I-I'm actually terrified." Oswald piped up.

He stared into the darkness, chewing the inside of his cheek. The last time he had been this scared was when he and his father were separated.
———————————————————————-
"Y-You're letting me go?" Walt's voice broke as he raised the question.

Oswald made a quick note of this before continuing to listen to the conversation. The shouts had brought him here and now he sat, ear pressed against a door, desperately choking back tears and loud sobs.

"You're no longer needed here." the gruff reply could be heard.

"What about Oswald?" The rabbit jumped at the sound of his name.

"Oswald? He'll remain here of course."

A lump formed in Oswald's throat. What were they talking about? Why did his father sound so upset?

"You can't just... you can't just take him from me!" Walt all but sobbed.

Oswald gritted his teeth to stop from making any kind of noise. What did he mean "take him from me"?

"He belongs to me, there's nothing you can do about that! It's time to learn your place, Disney." the man spat.

Oswald backed away from the door and clamped a hand over his mouth. His ears drooped and tears began spilling from his eyes. The rabbit had had enough! He'd heard all he needed to hear. He turned and sprinted away.
Half an hour later his father approached him.

"Ozzy," Walt spoke softly.

"Why is... why is he making you leave?" Oswald's voice shook with sadness and rage.

"I'm sorry, Ozzy."

"Please... please don't... don't leave me." the rabbit pleaded.

Walt sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ozzy. I don't have a choice."

"He... he can't d-do this!" Oswald cried.

"I'm afraid he can."

"Don't go. You can't abandon me. Please don't leave me behind." Oswald whimpered, breaking Walt's heart.

"I'm sorry it has to end this way." Disney apologized.

"I'll go with you." Oswald declared "He can't stop me."

"Ozzy, listen to me. I don't want you to do anything that could get you hurt." Walt said.

"I just wanna stay with you, dad." the rabbit choked back a sob.

"I know, Ozzy. We'll see each other again some day." Walt promised.

————————————————————————

Bendy's voice broke him from his thoughts.

" 'm sorry, what?" Oswald asked, wiping away a few stray tears that had managed to trail themselves down his cheeks at the memory.

"Oh, nothin', Oz. I was just talkin' to Willow here." Bendy replied.

"Willa." the DHI girl corrected him.

"Yea, that." the demon chuckled.

"I hope you're all ready for this." Oswald said wryly.

"I'm not exactly sure we're ever really ready, but we'll get the job done regardless." Willa replied.

"That's all we need." the toon rabbit nodded at her.

"Ya really think you'll be able to make it away from that monster in one piece?" Bendy inquired.

Willa nodded. They all knew the risks of their plan. The Keepers had taken on what was quite possibly the most dangerous part of the plan. Despite this, they were determined not to let the toons down.

Mickey walked over to the three. He and everyone else was awake now and there was no time to waste.

"If we're all ready," the mouse said "it's time to put this plan into action."