Wait What?

After the girls had gone the next day i decided to have a little me time. I hadn't relaxed properly all week and I really needed some time to myself to just blow off some steam. I went upstairs and began to run a nice hot bubble bath for myself until I was disturbed by a knock at the door.

I opened it and my mouth instantly dropped as it was like looking at a mirror. A girl with the same height, the same hair, the same face, the same eyes stood in front of me and my god we looked identical.

"Are you Megan?" She spoke in my exact voice.

No one has called me that for years.

"Everyone calls me Megs" I replied.

"I'm guessing our Mum hasn't told you about me"

"No, no, she hasn't"

"Well, I'm your twin" How can she say that so calmly?

"I, I don't know what to say" My jaw remained open as I leaned against the wall.

"Well, can I come in?"

I nodded as I let her through as she carried a suitcase along the wooden floor. Was she planning on staying here?

"Who is it darling?" My Mum called from the kitchen.

I looked to her as I realised I didn't know her name.

"Tessa" She shouted back.

"Wait, what?" My mum replied as she walked into the hallway and she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw us both standing there.

"Oh my god" She was just as shocked as me.

"Something you forgot to tell me Mum?" I asked her, annoyed.

"Why don't we all go into the living room and chat" She replied as she had a guilty look on her face.

Yes why don't we, I thought to myself.

***

"Okay, I will just explain the whole story and if you have any questions after feel free to ask," My mum began talking. "When I was pregnant with you both your father and I were very young and didn't have a lot of money at all and when we found out it was twins, decisions had to be made. It was cruel to split you up but we had to do it so you both had a good life as we didn't have the money at the time to raise two children but we could raise one. We didn't chose over who we liked best because we love you both very much we let the adoption family choose so it could have been either of you to go with them. All your life Megs I had been meaning to tell you about Tessa but I didn't know how you would react and I was scared and I'm sorry and I certainly didn't think she would turn up on our doorstep anytime soon. But I guess Tessa's foster family told her and that is why she is here?" Tessa nodded. "And that is basically the story and again I'm sorry we didn't tell you Megs it was wrong of us to keep something like this from you."

I was speechless. I had a twin and we were separated at birth? That is a lot to take in.

"So can I stay here for a while? You know to get to know Megs?" Tessa broke the silence.

"Of course darling, do your parents, well your foster parents, know you are here?"

"Well I'll text them, I kind of ran out when they told me about Megs, it upset me a bit." She explained.

"I understand, I'll go set up the spare bedroom whilst you girls have a chat" She said as she left the room.

"I'm still in shock" I spoke.

"It's fine, i had the same reaction."

"Do u wanna watch a film or something?" I suggested.

"Yeah, sure" Tessa smiled as we sat down and looked for a movie to watch.

"Hunger games?" I asked.

"Sounds great."

----------------------

So yeah this is a bit of a plot twist...

Oh my god has anyone seen mockingjay yet? Im so emotional after it if you havent seen it go see it now its incredbile.

Anyway... feel free to comment/share/vote or whatever

Mwa - @baconandbrad

xox