Where's Megs?

- Brad's POV -

I drove into school that morning wondering if Megs would turn up. She hadn't been in school for the last 3 days and no one knew why because she isn't answering any text messages.

"Any news from Megs?" Megen asks as we both pull into the carpark.

"No, you?"

"No."

"I'm sure theres nothing to worry about." She sighs, but I couldn't help but think that there was.

***

I hadn't been able to concentrate in any of my lessons this week due to not knowing if Megs was alright. What if she is in serious danger? Her Mum too? What if they were kidnapped and they took their phones so they can't contact anybody. I stopped my mind from wandering as I snapped my attention back to history.

The bell finally rang after what felt like forever and everyone piled into the dining hall for lunch. The usual 8 of us minus Megs sat at our usual table and began to tuck in.

"Hey, where's Megs?" Connor asked.

"Nobody knows Con, she isn't answering any of her texts." I shrugged.

"Do you think she's okay?" James wondered.

"I hope so." Megen said.

"She's probably just really nervous about coming back to school so just needs a few more days to gather herself." Aliee reasoned and we all nodded.

"Maybe someone should go over there after school." Tris suggested.

"Yeah but who." Ash asked.

"Well it has to be Megen or Brad." James said.

Me and Megen looked at each other and shrugged.

"Well if it's a girly thing that's bothering her then it should be me." Megen explained.

"Yeah I guess, okay so after school you'll go and see what's going on. Can you text me when you know?" I asked.

"Yeah sounds good." She smiled.

I sat back and tucked into my sandwich as I was relieved this whole Megs thing would get resolved by tonight.

***

"Hey Brad wanna come round tonight for dinner?" Connor asked me as we were leaving our last lesson of the day.

"Um yeah sure I'm not doing anything." I shrugged.

"Okay sweet, I'm guessing you don't wanna leave your car here so I'll see you in a bit."

"Yeah okay mate."

I got into my car and drove straight to Connors. I liked going to Connors house there's almost never nothing to do there. I pulled up outside and knocked on the door to be greeted by Connor's Mum who let me in.

"Hah long time no see." Connor said as I got into the lounge.

"You saw me about ten minutes ago." I replied.

"I know woah Brad it was meant to be a joke, what's up with you tonight?"

"Oh right um sorry nothing."

"Tell me." He persisted.

"I just can't concentrate on anything until I know she's okay."

"Well isn't that cute. But mate you sitting around worrying about her isn't going to help anybody, just chill okay" He said patting my back.

"Okay yeah." We sat down and turned on the Xbox as my phone vibrated in my pocket.

1 message from Megen

She's fine Brad x

I wave of relief went through me as I read Megen's message, I was so happy I knew Megs was okay, now I could concentrate on beating Connor at Fifa.

------------------

So Megs is okay...... or is she?

If anyone wants to know what Megs looks like she is based on @/xmgrovee on twitter

Comment/Vote/Share or whatever :)

By the way I've planned out the rest of the fanfic and it ends on chapter 60.

Mwa - @/baconandbrad