Panic! At the Gym (part 2)

"What am I going to do?! What am I going to do?!" Nishinoya panicked as he walks back and forth. "I wasn't expecting her to agree!"

"Where are you both planning to meet?" Tanaka questioned excitedly to which the libero timidly answered back his cheeks tainted red as a beet. "The rooftop."

"When are you supposed to meet her?" Asahi questioned curiously causing Nishinoya to place his right hand at the back of his head.

"I-I was supposed to meet her after class---" 

And it was at that exact moment, a lightning bolt struck Tanaka, Asahi, including Sugawara and Daichi who overheard the conversation, whereas the others stop on what they are doing eyeing the scene taking place in wonder.

"You have got to be kidding?" Daichi says in disbelief. On the other hand, Tanaka was malfunctioning beside a sighing Asahi who has a disappointed look on his face. "I can't believe it."

Sugawara was the first to take action. He briskly paces towards Nishinoya, turning him around, and pushing him towards the open entryway. "Are you aware of what you did? You just kept Octavia waiting there!"

"I-I know! I don't know what got over me! I became so nervous I don't know what to do and rushed over here!"

"If you run there right now you can still make it, Noya-san!" Tanaka encourages making Nishinoya teary-eyed as he faced him and nods his head in agreement.

"Ano, there's no need."

It was then, silence filled the air upon hearing a newfound voice. Looking toward the doorway in seeing a girl having waist-length blonde hair beside Shimizu as she enters inside the gymnasium.

"Domo." The blonde-haired girl smiles causing Nishinoya, Sugawara, Daichi, Tanaka, and Asahi to stiffen in place, their reaction priceless. It was like a blizzard struck them and turned them into a block of ice.

"O-Oc-Octa..." Nishinoya begins to stammer his face flushing bright red, whereas the others were still in a state of shock. Sugawara was the first to regain his composure, followed by Tanaka, Daichi, and then Asahi and the three scurry back to watch the scene in a safe distance and hearing range, waiting in anticipation.

Octavia then begins to approach the now shaking Libero and Sugawara immediately backs away to where the others are in a hurry. "So this is where you're at? I was waiting for you, you know?" Octavia spoke with furrowed eyebrows. Nishinoya couldn't do anything but be mesmerized at the girl who's talking right in front of him. He couldn't help but admire her features, her eyes having the color of emeralds staring down into his eyes, with her height average for her age.

"Nishinoya, are you listening?" Octavia waves her hand in front of the dazed Nishinoya who blinks his eyes before the realization hits him hard.

"I'm, I'm sorry, Octavia-san!" Nishinoya bows down, immediately surprising the blonde girl, and the first and other second years inside the gym with the exception of Tsukishima Tanaka, and the third years.

"What exactly is going on?" Coach Ukai grumbles somewhat confused, earning a chortle from Takeda-sensei who's observing the happening right beside him.

"I think I get the picture." Takeda-sensei smiles to which Coach Ukai sighs as he places a hand to his head. "Teenagers."

"I'm sorry for not showing up! I, I kinda..."

"Nishinoya, you don't have to apologize, it's okay!" Octavia reassured the libero and Nishinoya looks up just in time to see her smile, his heart beating rapidly inside his chest just at the sight. "It's a good thing I bump into Kiyoko-chan as I was on my way to the archery room and now, here I am."

"Good thing I made it just in time before you run off," Octavia added with a short laugh.

"Um, Octavia-san," Tanaka muster up the courage to speak and successfully gains the blonde girl's attention, causing his heart to flutter slightly. "If you don't mind me asking, how do you know, Kiyoko-san?" His question immediately caught the interest of the other listeners.

"Easy," Octavia replied after a long pause, "We're schoolmates before that's why." Tanaka and Nishinoya then look towards Shimizu to see her nod her head with a small smile while eyeing Octavia to which the blonde-haired girl stifles a laugh in return, and it was at that moment an invisible arrow shot through inside Nishinoya and Tanaka's heart in witnessing the scene before them.

"Setting that aside." Octavia looks back at Nishinoya, startling him instantly. "I heard from Kiyoko-chan you guys will be heading to Tokyo's training camp." She said earning a nod from the nervous Nishinoya. Tanaka, Yachi, Yamaguchi listens closely with the addition of Hinata who was curious due to being absent a day ago.

Nishinoya was mentally ready in hearing the blonde girl deny but what he heard next was enough to make him faint.

"It would be an honor to be able to see you guys practice in person. Is it really alright for me to tag along?" Octavia then said with an eager smile. Her string of words comprehending inside Nishinoya's brain and his dumbfounded expression was replaced with a huge smile and begins to shout and cheer with Tanaka latterly joining in his mini celebration.

Sugawara's POV

I let out a sigh of relief and laugh in seeing Nishinoya and Tanaka's antics. Afterward, I then revert my sight toward Octavia to see a gentle smile across her lips, which made me smile to myself.

"It's like I got worried for nothing."