See the Light (part 2)

Saito Octavia's POV

It was already evening with the stars shining brightly outside whereas I was inside my dimly lit room laying on the soft mattress, staring at the plain ceiling with half-lid eyes. Recently, I feel so drained that I can no longer keep up with myself. I couldn't attend practice today due to the fatigue with the sudden anxiety I keep experiencing and informed Hayato-senpai, the captain of the archery club before heading home early.

I was about to close my eyes and sleep the uncomfortable feeling away. Until my cellphone rang with a specific ringtone. Grabbing the device lazily and I instantly smile in seeing the notification to see it was a message from Nishinoya causing my drowsiness to fade away momentarily.

Now that I think about it, many days had already passed ever since we first talked. At first, I wasn't really interested in talking with someone I barely even know, but when I learned he's in the same club as Koucchan I became somewhat interested and chatted with him every evening.

I was definitely surprised when I first met Nishinoya, because of his adorable height, and hyperactive personality, but my perspective of him change drastically, and I was blown away at how amazing he is to which I couldn't take my eyes off when I witnessed his practice when I visited the second gymnasium, it was like my whole world turned upside down, and he also treated me to some ice popsicle afterward.

It was also at the same day, I get to talk with Koucchan although only for a moment, I could still sense the lingering worry in his voice before he went off to join practicing with the rest, I guessed it was because of the sudden anxiety attack I experienced during middle school, and I could still remember the pained expression on his face like it was yesterday.

I snapped out of my thoughts as another notification popped up in seeing it was still from Nishinoya and it was from there I decided to open his conversation, as I suddenly ponder to why he would always give time to talk to me, and it wasn't just that.

Nishinoya would greet me happily whenever we see each other, either walking down the hallway or meeting at the cafeteria like we haven't seen each other in many years. He would suddenly jump towards me in an attempt to hug me, although I would tend to evade him instinctively or with the constant help of Chiaki, but even with the failed attempts, the smile and the visible blush on his cheeks still remain the same.

Of course, I would feel embarrassed with my heart beating rapidly inside my chest, but I couldn't help but look forward to every day. It's like Nishinoya has placed a huge part in my daily life with the rest of the volleyball team, it's like they became an important part in my story album.

Even though before, I vowed to myself to never have attachments, and yet, I was deeply falling.

Still chatting with Nishinoya, it wasn't long when I heard a faint knock and a voice calling downstairs which confuses me, not expecting someone to visit at a time like this. After sending a message to Nishinoya, I place my mobile phone on the nightstand and got out of bed, stepping out of my room and down the stairs carefully, feeling a slight headache as I walk to the front door. "Who is it?"

"Octavia?" Then my eyes widen in bewilderment, already knowing who is at the other side of the door to which I nervously twist the metal knob open.

"What, what are you doing here?" I question with furrowed eyebrows.