I wasn't ready part 2

Stiles raised a hesitant hand up to the old familiar house. He wasn't even sure what he was doing here. He knocked three times and a sense of dread washed over him. He shouldn't be here. He needed to leave.

Before he could turn around and bolt down the old wooden stairs, the door opened with a soft creak.

A creak that Stiles instantly grew nostalgic for. He'd spent many nights at this house. The Hale's had been very close with his family. Especially after his mother died when he was eight. Derek and Stiles hadn't really grown closer until later years, what with Derek being a few years older than he and Scott. However, once the car accident took Derek's mother and uncle, it was just Derek, his two sisters and his niece. Stiles' dad stepped up and helped where he could. Luckily Laura was eighteen and they were able to keep the house. The house that Stiles was now at for reason's even he didn't know. To apologize maybe?

"Stiles," Laura's voice made him turn back around. She smiled at him with her warm blue eyes.

"Hey," He couldn't help but smile back. She had been like the big sister he never had.

"What are you doing here? God, it's been...years," a sadness tugged at her features that didn't go unnoticed by Stiles.

"Lydia got married last night," Stiles bit down on his bottom lip. Had Derek not told her?

"Oh, that's great to hear," She smiled, before glancing behind him as if expecting someone else. "What brings you here?"

A slight frown found it's way onto Stiles' face. Why else would Stiles be there? "Derek."

Laura's soft smile fell into a blank stare. "You won't find him here."

"What?"

"He moved out a few months ago," She dropped her eyes and straightened her already straight shirt. Avoidance.

"You kicked him out?" Stiles found the words leaving his mouth before he could stop them.

Laura's head snapped up. "It was an agreement."

"You really rejected him because of who he dates?" Stiles couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew Talia to be strict, but he had hoped Laura would be forgiving.

"I have not rejected my brother," Laura growled.

"He literally broke down into sobs last night because you can't accept him. He spent years being miserable because he was afraid of what you'd say, and he finally took that plunge because he wanted more for himself and this is what he gets in return. A cold shoulder from the person meant to love him most," Stiles gestured at Laura.

"How long has he been like this?" Laura asked, her eyes glistening with tears.

"That's not my business to tell."

"Damn it, Stiles. He won't talk to me. Not since..." She pursed her lips and looked out into the woods that surrounded most of the house. "Not since I suggested he move out."

"So you did kick him out," Stiles threw his hands up.

"No, I told him that I still loved him, but I needed to get used to the idea of him being someone else."

"Being someone else?" Stiles flailed his arms again. Since when had levelheaded Laura lost her mind? "He's the same person."

The doubtful look on Laura's face sent a rage through Stiles that he couldn't contain.

"Do you have any idea how many times I fucked your brother in the room next to yours? Huh? Only for him to no less than an hour later be joking with you at the dinner table?"