Separated(part 4)

Stiles stepped inside his apartment to see Isaac sitting on the couch with Derek's wolf next to him.

"Isaac, what are you doing here?" Stiles glanced around as if expecting to see the rest of the pack.

"I tried to take him to my place, but he wasn't having it, so I used your emergency key," Isaac gestured towards the wolf.

"Oh, uh, okay. That's good actually, I was hoping to try and I dunno, get something useful out of him," Stiles nodded dropping his keys on the table near the door.

"He's not just gonna talk, he's a dog," Isaac pointed out.

"Yes, I'm aware," Stiles quipped with a roll of his eyes, "I'm gonna see if I can figure out what he wants, since Derek won't tell me."

Isaac glanced down. The pack had agreed it was up to Derek to tell Stiles.

"I'll leave you to it," Isaac stood up then. If he couldn't talk to Stiles, maybe he could talk to Derek. He had smelled how miserable and stressed Derek had been. Being human wasn't easy for him.

Stiles took Isaac's spot on the couch once he left. Derek's wolf moved his head so it was against Stiles' leg.

"Why couldn't she put a spell on you that made you verbal? She had to go and make this even more difficult, didn't she?" Stiles sighed, petting the wolf as he spoke.

"You know I always wondered if Derek were human if he'd be happier, not having the weight of being an alpha or have to smell everyone's emotions. But I think it's harder for him not knowing. I like him not being able to smell my emotions. It's easier to hide the fact that I'm hopelessly in love with him," Stiles snorted. "I know pathetic right? Huh, I guess I technically just told Derek I was in love with him. I mean you are technically Derek. Just his animalistic side, which honestly, super hot." Stiles chuckled to himself as he continued to pet Derek's wolf.

"You know if this riddle is really saying that he has to give you something that you want but is depriving you of, doesn't that mean he wants it to? What could he be depriving himself of?" Stiles ran his hand through his hair. He didn't have the slightest clue what Derek could want.

"What do you want, huh? What could a wolf want?"

The wolf only let out a deflated huff as his eyes started to close. Stiles' petting was putting him to sleep.

"Safety? He has that. A pack? He's got that," Stiles' hand stopped scratching for a moment earning a small whine from the wolf.

"Affection. That's something Derek never gets," Stiles hummed thoughtfully as he continued to scratch Derek's ears. But was Derek really depriving his wolf affection?

The sound of a knock on his door interrupted his thoughts then.

Stiles got up, with the wolf on his heels.

"Derek," Stiles was surprised to see the ex-alpha.

"I uh...you said if I need you..." Derek looked nervous and beyond stressed.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Stiles scanned Derek for any injury he might not have noticed.

"Not...not really," Derek shook his head.

"Come on," Stiles pulled Derek inside earning a growl from his wolf.

"Hey, knock it off," Stiles snapped at the wolf. He instantly stopped growling but stayed glued to Stiles' leg.

"I've made a decision," Derek spoke in an unsure tone.

Stiles waited patiently for Derek to continue.