Chapter Fourteen

Dawn's POV

Sound asleep, i was forced awake by the whistle sir Anand blew in my ears. I sprang up from the mat i was forced to sleep on which according to him was a way to get me out of my comfort zone. He made me start jogging from bed down to the woods then back to the training room. I was panting heavily as he threw a wooden stick to me.

"What?"
Just then, a muscular girl appeared.

"No no no, no way. You can't be serious."

"Let me see how you'll win against her. Fight by any means necessary." He said. She stepped into the ring, and I followed. She looked like a beast. I took my stance, and so did she. Tje match began with Raj shooting the air. She came at me with full force, but before she did i used my rod to block her attack  kicking her knee which made her move backward.  I regained myself once again, andaunched towards her, as i was about to hit her, emotions took over me, then i paused and she used that against me kicking me off her, pointing her rod to me. Sir Anand stepped closer to the ring. He looked me in the eyes with a glare.

"Nobody knows you on the battle field. Whoever was against you, remains against you, even in the battle field. Do you think if they cared thwy would fight against you. Lock those emotions up. Understood? They're not needed now. They'll distract you, they'll bring you down. Rematch." He said as he stepped away from thw ring. What he said made sense of course. My emotions shouldn't get in the way, especially now that I'm fighting against my own family. I took my stance again, glaring deep into her eyes.  She came at me, and this time, i didnt wait, didnt care. Didnt spare her. With all of the anger in me, all of the emotions that a month has just passed. No word about Dave, was he still alive? He was supposed to be here in two weeks, four weeks gone by. I got distracted again in the last round and lost to my opponent.

"Enough for now. Dawn, come with me to my study." He said to me. He sohnded so stern and angry and i could understand why. He's spent about four weeks training me and I've made no progress. Immediately i stepped in he began to shout at me.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?! Because as it is, you're going to fail! Stop losing focus when fighting, you'll die!! Hoe many times do i have to tell you that! Those men are going to come for me soon, and i will not have peace in my grave when you're like this. I thought you'd learn by now ,have your father's learning spirit, your mother's quick adaptation to something  new. I didnt think this through and now i regret putting you on the battlefield. My God Dawn. I feel like i should take this task away from you."

"No sir!"

"No! I need to. I can't risk your life for revenge. You could as well leave this place with a new identity, along with Raj and Sonia and they can kill me and take their own revenge. I have no idea what to do. " he said to me as he sat in his swivel chair turning away from me. My hear dropped to the pits of my stomach, disappointment was written all over his face. Why was i so distracted? What's going on?

"Give me a second chance. Please."

"There cant be the risk of second chances Dawn."

"You just cant give up on me. This fight is for my parents. For Raj and Sonia. For you. I've been given the responsibility, why take it away from me?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

"Because Dawn, I've lost your father and mother. I cannot be so selfish and have your life cut off."

"I'm not going to back down!" I said boldly to him. There was no way i was going to back down. No way will i allow my uncle go away scot free. The battle line has been drawn and I'm not going back.

"Fight against Raj." He said to me. I didn't utter a word. "You can't, right? Because you love him? I thought as much..."

"When? When should i fight against him?"