✿ four ✿

I continued to breathe at an unsteady rate, grasping the table as that was the only thing I could grab. I had negative thoughts. Soon, it was now hard for me to breathe. I heard a figure approach me. They kneeled down beside me and started to speak softly.

"Hey.. hey.. it's okay." He talked to me. I recognized his voice. It was Zak and I looked up to him.

"Breathe. Try to mimic my breathing okay?" Zak put my hand on his chest and I started to follow the rising and falling of his chest.

"Good.. good." Zak spoke after seeing me calm down. He quickly gave me a giant hug.

I was a bit shocked, but I quickly let myself melt into the hug. "T-thank you."

Zak pulled away from the hug and gave me a warm smile. He moved away a hair strand that was on my face so that he could see my face clearly, still kneeling down. "No problem."

Zak's POV
He blushed slightly. I didn't know why he had a panic attack, but I didn't want to question him if he wasn't ready to tell me.

"Do you want to go somewhere else?" I asked him, thinking he might be uncomfortable. Then, I hear his stomach growling. He giggled a bit, which was reassuring.

We decided to stay, since he was hungry. We ordered cheesy fries and some other food. During the entire time, we had small conversations, which were nice.

By the time we finished, it was around 12 but we decided to walk over to a shop that was in the same area. It reminded me of Hot Topic. We separated and looked at things we thought looked cool.

He went to an area with some plushies, which were pretty adorable. I got bored, so I watched him for a bit, just looking over a shelf. One of the plushies I saw was a cute small white dog, which reminded me of his dog, which was also probably what caught his attention.

He picked it up in an excited manner and checked the price tag only to seem disappointed and had put it back on the shelf.

"Oh hey there, Zak. Uhh- I think I'm done looking, I'll wait for you outside." He walked passed me.

I decided to buy him the plushie, which was as expected, a bit overpriced, but I still got it for him. I came out of the store with a bag which he noticed.

"Oh you got something?" He was sitting on a bench.

"Yeah. Actually, it's-"

Suddenly, I got a call from my mom,

"What's up mom?"

"Zak, where are you??"

"Um, hanging out with my friend."

"What? Didn't you remember about the party? About your sister's birthday?"

He thought for a moment, "Oh my god yeah. Hahah, it completely slipped my mind."

"Okay well just come home. Invite your friend too. It's just a small party."

"Alright! I totally forgot, sorry about that.. I'll see you there, love you mom."

"Love you too." She disconnected the call.