✿ eleven ✿

"And.. those nightmares, it kept repeating that exact memory, but worse. I see all my family leaving me, and darkness consuming everything around me and everything I-" my voice started to break.

"It's okay. You told enough." Zak comforted me and wrapped his arms around my back. I felt my eyes watering, but I decided to hold it back. We stayed there for a bit, it was calming. "Thank you for telling me. I guess I should tell you something too."

"What is it?"

"I got you this." He pulled out a bag of some sort, it was from that store we went to together. I took the bag from his hand and opened it, only to see the white dog plushie I wanted.

"Oh my goodness, I love it!"

"Heeheh, you looked like you wanted it."

"Thank you, Zak."

"N-no problem." He rubbed the back of his neck.

I was having so many different emotions in my head, trust, warmness, and a lot more. But one really stood out, it was a longing feeling in my chest, like I liked him, it wasn't new. I've just been bottling it up, knowing that he doesn't like me back, but I guess it revealed itself after being an open-book to him. It's never nice to be stuck in the friend zone, but I think this is all I really needed.

"Hey, do you want to get back? It's starting to get cold." We talked longer than it had felt. I rubbed my hands against my arms, trying to get any heat possible.

"Sure." Zak stood up, and starting to take off his hoodie.

"Wait- what are you doing?" I say as he finishes taking it off.

"Here, use this." He hands me the hoodie.

"What? No, you're going to get cold."

"Unlike you, I don't get cold easily, now, use." He forcefully pushes the hoodie against my chest.

"Okay, okay." I started putting on the hoodie.

Zak's POV
I watched him as he put on my hoodie, and oh my god, he looked so cute in it.

"Y-you look good." I blurted out my thoughts, instantly feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

"Thank you." Darryl gave me a sweet smile and started walking in the direction to go back to my house. He then stopped himself after walking a few steps. He spun on his heel and smiled, reaching out his hand, telling me to hold it. I was flustered, but I quickly took his offer. We walked home together, a little less rushed than before.

♡♡♡