✿ six ✿

"Happy birthday to you..!" Everyone finished the song and started clapping, with Zak's sister blowing out the candles, signaling that she made her wish.

Everyone got a slice of cake, including me, which was chocolate, known to be the sister's favorite. There were also other foods that were prepared, Zak's mom made spaghetti, rotisserie chicken, and some store bought muffins, which I took a couple.

The party was honestly really fun, and I ended up staying longer than I thought I would be there, but time flies when you're having fun. It was 12 when I was starting to feel tired.

"I should probably go home, it's getting pretty late." I yawned.

"Oh, why don't you stay here for the night, Darryl?"

"N-no, I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"Not at all! It's nice to have some company once in a while, besides, it's only for a day." She explained.

"Well, if you insist.." To be completely honest, I didn't mind staying, it was nice being with them.

"Yeah, we can sleep in my room!" Zak wrapped an arm around my shoulder and smiled brightly.

"Okay." I chuckled.

After a bit, we were all starting to get really sleepy, so everyone helped clean up the mess. After we were done, Zak showed me to his room, which was small and a little messy.

"Alright so, that's the bed, obviously." He pointed to a light blue bed with wooden legs, "Uh- that's all my childhood stuff." He pointed to a shelf that had awards for sports and some framed old photos. "And that's my desk, where I used to do homework and play Minecraft."

"That's cool." I spoke, looking around the room.

"Oh yeah, do you need- like clothes to sleep in?"

"I mean if you have a spare..?" For me, sleeping in the same clothes that you wore for the day is mildly disgusting.

After a few minutes of digging in his old closet, he found a spare light grey shirt, and some comfortable, black pants.

Zak's POV
He changed in the restroom and when he came back, I was shocked.

He was so cute in my clothes. It was kind of embarrassing. I noticed my ears were burning up and I knew that was a sign I was blushing. I tried to distract myself with my phone. He stood there kind of awkwardly, like waiting for me to say something, and so I did.

"Do you want me to make you a bed on the floor?"

"Yeah sure, that would be nice." He responded.

A few layers of blankets and a pillow later, his bed was made. It wasn't perfect, but it also wasn't too bad. We brushed our teeth, him using a new toothbrush we had and came back to the room. I changed into more comfortable clothes, where he seemed to be a bit shocked from me changing in the same room as him, so he tried to not look, but I saw him taking a few glances. We were now laying down, with me on my bed and him on the floor bed, so I turned off my light.

After a while, we drifted to sleep, but suddenly, I woke up when I heard a lot of sound from Darryl, he was shuffling in his bed and he sounded like he was crying. He was having a nightmare.