✿ finale ✿

Third Person's POV
A few weeks had passed since the indoor date, and nothing special happened, they only continued to get closer. They were both laying down in a bed together, chilling.

"Darryl- can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Have you ever kissed someone before?"

"Yea~" Darryl responded, "okay, maybe not."

"Oh alright." Zak spoke, resting his head on Darryl's chest before looking up to him, "Can I?"

"What?"

"Uh- you know what- never mind, that was too sudden wasn't it? I'm sor-" Zak panicked.

"No-no-no, it's fine. I don't mind." Darryl interrupted him and blushing instantly.

"Are you sure..?" Zak wanted to make sure Darryl was certain, "I don't want to force you into anything you don't want."

"No- I'm fine. Just- do it."

"Okay." Zak slowly cupped one side of Darryl's warm face. Darryl shut his eyes, expecting a kiss on the lips, but only getting a cheek kiss.

Zak hugged Darryl right after, whispering, "Let's just- stay here for a while."

Darryl rested his head, slightly nodding. "Mm- y'know, I have kissed someone before, I was test-test-test-testing to see if you would be selfless, and you were."

In an instant, Darryl took Zak's face, engulfing him in a sweet kiss. The kiss lasted a while, both not wanting to let each other go. Eventually, they did.

"W-woah, we actually did that." Zak chuckled, and his face was flushed with red.

"Yeah." Darryl smiled to himself.

— time skip —

A few years had passed since their first kiss together. "Hey muffin!" Darryl entered the living room, greeting Zak before going to the kitchen, "Do you want some hot chocolate?"

"Oh- yes please! It's so cold." It was around early December, which meant winter was just around the corner.

After Darryl made hot chocolate and secretly drank some, he went over to Zak. He was on the couch relaxing, and the faint sound of the TV was heard as he was watching their interview video, where Zak had constantly trolled Darryl.

"HAHAHHA!" Zak laughed at the video.

"What are you watching?" Darryl handed the warm drink to Zak and sat down next to him.

"Thanks." Zak gave Darryl a cheek kiss before explaining, "It's the interview you gave me, remember?"

"Oh my goodness, of course I remember," Darryl chuckled.

"But now.. we're together." Zak rested his head on Darryl's shoulder.

"We've actually come so far," Darryl stroked his hair, "Who knew we started out as pretty much enemies."

"I'm so glad I met you." In an instant, both their faces were blushing.

"I love you so much." Darryl put his forehead on Zak's.

"I love you more."

"I love you infinity!" Darryl smiled happily.

"I love you infinity plus infinity!"

The sun set, creating a mix of vibrant colors of blue, red and yellow. As they cuddled up next to each other, they continued to add an absurd amount of infinites to how much they love each other. Eventually, Zak had won the battle. After their seemingly endless feud, they decided to reminisce about their old videos together. Both of them loved this more than they liked to admit.

Did they expect to be together years ago? No.

But do they really love each other, cherish every moment they spend together, and love the idea of creating new memories and growing old together? Yes, yes and yes.

- the end! -

a/n: thank you soo much for reading "Love and Above"! I hope you liked the story as much as I had the pleasure of making it! :)

If you like my work, I would really appreciate it if you check out my other skephalo stories,

"Eyes on You!", my first story, which is about their relationship together and how they live together! It's not too heavy, it's really fluffy and has quite a satisfying ending!
"Lovely Loving You", a oneshots story which has a variety of different unrelated episodes. These are great if you just want a small story, the episodes are around 500-1000+ words each!

again, thank you!!! <3