✿ nine ✿

Darryl's POV
Over the next days, I would visit Zak whenever I was bored or didn't know what to do. Today was another. Zak was in his skeppy hoodie and was just playing Minecraft for a video for quite a while. I was chilling on the light grey bed while looking at my phone.

"No no nono- NO!!" Zak yelled out.

I was concerned, so I questioned him, "you okay?"

"No.."

"What?" I sat up from the bed and looked at him with his head buried in his hands, "what happened?"

"All my footage got DELETED." Zak whined, his voice almost breaking.

"Aww Zak.." I stood up and rotated the chair he was sitting in so that Zak was facing me, but he was really just looking down. I felt horrible for him as this had happened to him countless times. I saw this and gave him a hug, wrapping my arms around Zak. Zak was a little surprised, but he gave in to the hug, digging his head deeper and wrapping his arms around me. After a bit, we pull away.

"I'm so annoyed. Literally an hour's worth of footage was lost." Zak kept his head resting on me.

I tried to comfort him further, I stroked his raven-colored hair, "You poor muffin.. don't worry about it too much. I'm sure your fans will understand."

"I know they will.. it's just- irritating." He grumbled.

"I know how you feel." I spoke understandingly and then suggested, "How about we- go take a break?"

"Yeah, I think that would be nice." Zak stood up from his seat, then he suddenly hugged me, which startled me.

"Thank you." He whispered into my shoulder.

"Y-you're welcome, you potato." I rarely hear him give thanks.

"Well, shall we?" Zak pulled away and raised his hand calmly, showing that he wanted to hold my hand. I didn't know how to respond, but I gave my hand, curious as to where he wanted to go. His hand was warm and smooth. It had been quite a while since I've held hands with someone. He continued to hold my hand as we left the house.

He released his grasp for a bit because he was locking the door but he was quick to take my hand once again.

He was going to move again, but I stopped him, "are you really going to hold hands with me outside?"

"Mm, yes? You don't like it?"

"Well not that, I-" I quickly get cut off as he spoke, "then let's move before the sunset finishes."

He led me to the sidewalk, then fast-walked, dragging me through twists and turns, all while keeping a firm grasp on my hand. We would see the occasional person walk by, giving discreet but noticeable stares to us.

Soon, he slowed down, in front of a well-kept, but quiet park. The trees and grass were a vibrant green, walkways were clean of any trash, the fresh air was great to smell, and the colors of the sunset bounced off each other beautifully. After a bit of walking, he brought me to a grass hill, which he sat on, patting the grass beside him, signaling for me to sit next to him.

♡♡♡