Chapter 1

(A/N: this story will be a mixture of tagalog and English but there would be more english parts so I am warning you earlier for grammatical errors and typos. Thank you very much. Please bear with the few first chapters.. I will try to make it better as you go through.)

I was running. Some people were running after me as the thundering sound of gunshots and crumbling concretes were echoing inside my head. My body was covered in blood and sweat, as the searing heat from the burning house continuously draining my energy to run any further.

"Heath!! Young master Heath!!"

The voice was heard from outside of the house. I wanted to scream out for him to hear me but I can't, otherwise I'll be found. I had no choice but to bit my lower lip so hard as I suppress the upcoming scream down my throat.
I turned to the corner and I immediately stopped on my tracks as the large glass window greeted me.

The footsteps that were following me stopped a few meters away, as I heard an amused chuckle echoed through the hall. I turned around to face them. They are all staring down at me, even though they are wearing masks that covered half of their faces, I know how they look, I know their faces very much that my insides twists in disgust as I recall them.

"Stop running already, kid. You've got nowhere to go anyways.. Why not just follow your parents in peace, eh?" The man on the center asked. His voice covered with a mocking smirk.

"Oh yeah? You sure about that?" I asked as I smirked back at him.
I took a step forward before pushing myself backwards out of the window. Still facing them, I heard the glass break from the impact of my body, the next thing I know, I was already falling towards the ground, from the 4rth floor of the mansion.

They weren't satisfied with that though, they still followed and looked down on me from the window, as they all pointed their guns on me.

"Better to be sure than sorry." The man said before I heard the chorus of the guns, the piercing bullets buried themselves on my frail figure before I hit the concrete floor.

I gasped and sat on my bed as I felt the sweat trickle on my cheeks and nape.
I immediately buried my face on the palm of my hands after realizing it was just a nightmare.

"Master, May naghahanap po sa inyo."

Nagmula sa labas ng kwarto ko ang boses na yun. Huminga ako ng malalim bago ako naglakad papunta sa banyo.
"Tell them to wait" sagot ko bago naghubad at pumasok sa banyo.

I stood under the shower for no-one-knows how long.
I just decided to step out of it when I heard my butler's knock on my room door.
I properly dried myself before wrapping the towel around my waist and open the door for him.

He stared at me for a while before dragging his gaze away, with his head slightly bowed to avoid eye contact.
"Master, they said it was urgent so I thought I needed to get you."

I sighed, "I'll be down there after 5 minutes" I announced and closed the door after he bowed in agreement.

I took a black v-neck muscle shirt and black fit jeans and wore it before leaving my room.
Not bothering to fix my hair.

Pagdating ko sa living room, may dalawang tao na nakaupo sa sofa. Nakayuko silang dalawa at mukhang malaki ang pinoproblema.
Pagkatapos kong malaman kung sino sila ay halos gusto kong maglakad palayo at ipagtabuyan sila sa pamamahay ko. Pero hindi ko ginawa.

I walked towards them and sat on the couch across them. My legs automatically crossed as I leaned back.
"What do you want"

My cold voice with the heavy amount of disdain made them flinch. Whether from surprise or fear, it really doesn't matter.
The guy in blond hair and white overall glanced sideways before facing me. Mustering his courage to at least look at me in the eye.

"Kyle.. Kyle needs your help." He announced. His voice weak and full of hesitation.

"Shouldn't he at least be shameful enough to come and ask my help personally?" I snorted.

"Heath please.. You know that he doesn't have the slightest intention to ask help from you.. But he's barely hanging already.. He needs you.." He pleaded.

"Blake.. i do not have the slightest intention of helping him as well" I growled back at him.

He bit his lip and sucked a breath in. The guy sitting beside him wasn't saying anything. He was looking down on the floor, his dark black hair covering his face from my sight. He skin was white, almost as pale as mine. When he decided to look up at me, our gazes met and I didn't know why but I subconsciously put up the wall I've built for so many years to hide my emotions. His gaze was piercing, I don't want him to read me.

"Why wouldn't you help your best friend?" He asked. His gaze still on me. I stared back at him with my blank expression. I smirked, amused.

"Why, didn't you asked the reason to the person next to you before coming here?" I answered.

He glanced at Blake who looked away as he lowered his head once more.
I almost laughed. This situation was very familiar and the thought of it makes me want to burst in laughter. I do remember correctly that this happened before, except, I was the one pleading in front of them in the past.

"Stop wasting my time Blake. The fact that he has no intention of asking for me or wanting to face me is enough to tell you he doesn't want my help. Besides, he'd rather die than accept a help from the person he pushed to death doesn't he." I asked and stood up.

"It's because he's guilty and was regretting it!!" Blake shouted that made me stop my track.

I faced him, my face hard and my gaze was sharp.
"That's why he doesn't want to ask you or face you! Because he was feeling guilty and was regretting his actions before." He screamed.

I walked towards him and grabbed his collar and pulled him towards me. He was now standing so close to me, our eyes were merely centimeters away.
I gritted my teeth and snarled at him.
"Don't talk to me like it was my fucking fault. Whether he regrets it or was guilty for it, it doesnt matter. He was just trying to blame himself for him to feel a little bit better and justify his actions!" I spit back at him before pushing him on the couch once more.

I was about to turn and leave when Blake spoke once more.
"You've changed so much. How can you ignore this? Compared to who you were before, the you now, almost seem heartless." He whispered.

I looked at him and took a breath in before smiling bitterly. His expression changed to something I couldn't read as he bit his lip once more.
"You see Blake, there are heartless people who once cared too much." I answered before walking away.

Gusto kong bumalik sa dating ako, yung nakakatawa na parang walang pakialam sa mundo. Yung relax at walang ibang ginawa kundi isipin kung anong maitutulong ko sa iba. Hanggang sa dumating sa punto na ako yung nangangailangan. Si Blake at Kyle ang tinakbuhan ko. Sila yung inaasahan kong tutulong saakin. Pero nagkamali ako. Hindi ko inaasahan na ibebenta ako ni Kyle ng ganun ganun nalang.. Na wala siyang pakialam kahit mamatay ako o hindi.

Hindi ko to ginagawa dahil gusto kong maghiganti. Pero kung maaari ayoko nang magkaroon ng kahit anong connection sa kanila. Alam ko sa sarili ko na minsan napaka unreasonable ko na, na napaka kitid na ng utak ko. But you see, Yun ang protector ko para hindi na ako masaktan ulit. Para hindi na ako magtiwala at umasa ulit. The most painful thing I ever experienced, was being betrayed by the people I never expected that can do it.. It was almost traumatizing.