Chapter 6

Kyle's

I don't know how to act. I don't know what to say as well. He was standing there, gripping my father's collar while his head was turned towards me and Tristan.
He was wearing a cold and serious expression and I couldn't read what he's thinking.
Clint was looking at us as well. His hand clenched into a tight ball. He hates me, I can see it.

Tristan came to my house earlier. He was holding a folder. It has a place and time. With my father's photos. And a single note at the last page.
Saying, Come. Or you'll regret it.

I know it was Heath, but I don't understand why. He never touched them for the last six years. So why now? I thought he was going to kill us together. But after hearing his last statement, I think he has no plan to.
Which made me confused even more.

"Heath." I called. He seemed to wake up from his daze and pushed my father back down on the couch. Heath took a deep breath and faced us.
He gestured for the empty couch infront of him, beside the couch where my father was sitting.

We went there and sat. Silent and we didn't speak for a moment.
"Why did you call us here?" I asked.

"I definitely called you here. but i don't know what he's doing here." He said gesturing to me and to tristan by his chin as he spoke.

"I felt like I needed to be here. Just act like I don't exist." Tristan said.

"As if that's possible" Heath grumbled under his breath.
He then crossed his arms over his chest and glanced to my father before staring at me.
"I will offer you a deal.. Help your father bring the fat bastard down and I'll forgive you." Heath said.

I assumed that the fat bastard he's talking about is the big boss of panther. I stared at him and bit my lip. I'm a coward. I know that a long time ago. I was seeking for a help to bring us away from them, not to shove us towards their fangs. If I agreed to his offer, there's no turning back. Either he will kill us, or the panthers will do it for him. I looked at my father who was looking at me in a pained expression. He was blaming himself that I was in this situation.

I can't help but have the intense feeling to cry. My eyes are starting to tear up and all. I feel my hands trembling. I lost my mother from them,and it's hard to keep ourselves safe since we are already on their target lists. I am running out of ideas already.

Napalunok ako at huminga ng malalim. Pero bago pa ako makasagot ay nagsalita si Heath.
"Never mind. Just.. Get out." Sabi niya. Napaangat ako ng tingin at gulat na napatingin sa kanya.
Nakahawak siya sintido niya at nakapikit.
Sinenyasan niya ang mga lalaki sa pinto na siyang nagtayo at humila sa amin palabas.

"Sandali?! What do you mean? Heath!!" Sigaw ni dad habang gulong gulo ako at nanghihina para sumigaw.

"Mabuti pa umuwi nalang kayo. At kung pwede.. Magpakalayo layo narin bago pa kayo mahanap ng Panther. And he said this is not a favor.. He is not doing you a favor.. He is giving you a chance. The last one." Clint said before pushing the car door close.

I was silent during the whole drive.
I was just able to look around when I felt the car stop.
It was in front of our house. They pushed us out and drove away again. I noticed Tristan was so silent as well so I nudged him and ask if he's okay.

"Huh? Ah.. Yeah, Im fine." Sagot niya naman bago sumakay sa kotse niya sa garage namin at umuwi.
Pumasok kami sa loob at tahimik na umupo sa sofa.
"Why do you think did he let us go?" I asked.

Dad sighed and gently rubbed my shoulders.
"Who knows.. But we should be thankful.. And follow his orders." He said and patted me before getting up.

I looked outside of the house and sighed. What are you thinking? Heath?

Tristan's
I saw his expression. While waiting for Kyle to answer, Heath was watching the both of them. There was no hatred in his gaze, it wasn't cold either.. Ang emosyong makikita mo sa mata niya nung mga sandaling yun, ay curiosity, confusion at understanding.

Hindi ko alam kung anong nasa isip niya bago niya plinano ang meeting na yun. Pero sigurado akong hindi ito ang inaasahan niya.
Pumarada ako sa harap ng bahay ni Heath at kumatok sa gate.
Nakita kong gumalaw ang cctv kaya tumingin ako doon at sumenyas na buksan nila ang gate.

Ilang minuto pa ang lumipas bago nila ako pinapasok. Pinarada ko ang kotse ko sa harap ng bahay ni Heath at pumasok sa loob.
Nang makita niya ako ay napatakla siya at tumingin sa akin.
"What the fuck are you doing here again?" Tanung niya.

"Why did you let them go?" Tanung ko.

"What? Shouldn't you be thankful that I did let them go? Anong klaseng tanung yan?" Iritadong tanung ni Heath.

Marunong naman pala tong magtagalog kahit papano.
"I wanted to know why" Pilit ko.

"It has nothing to do with you. Go home" sabi ni Heath at tumayo para sana umalis pero nagsalita ako bago pa niya ako malampasan.

"You were confused as to why the father and son just came to you obediently. You were expecting them to resist but they didn't. And you understood why. Didn't you?" Tanung ko.
Hindi ko rin alam kong bakit ako nanghihimasok sa buhay ni Heath, pero nung araw na makita ko siya, I just wanted to know things about him.. No, everything about him. His thoughts, his emotions, everything.

He stopped and glared at me. He was about to answer pero tumayo ako at humarap sa kanya. Napaatras siya sa sobrang lapit ng mukha namin pagtayo ko pero lumapit ako ulit.
Itutulak na sana niya ako pero nahuli ko ang kamay niya at hinawakan yun ng mahigpit.
His brows furrowed in confusion but he still managed to glare at me.

"Don't lie to me. That moment, you let them go because you thought that they are a victim here too didn't you? That they had been on that situation six years ago and now you just placed them back there, so you changed your mind because you don't want them to suffer the same pain twice. You keep on thinking you're cold and bad person but you cared.. And you still care for Kyle." I said.

Pumiglas siya at pilit hinila ang kamay paalis sa pagkakahawak ko.
"Stop talking nonsense, and you better stop being so nosg will you? You're just an outsider" he said.

I smirked.
"So, what should I do to make myself in? Do I have to involve myself in either the two organizations?" I asked.

"Don't be stupid. You don't know what you're getting yourself into. Just fuck off and go home kid." He growled.

I leaned closer.
"You don't scare me Heath. So better stop acting all tough in front of me. I may be an outsider, for the time being, but I can understand you more than anyone else." Sabi ko.

"Really?" He challenged.

"Yes. You said before but you are not kind enough to hate anymore. But you just chose to be hurt than to hurt kyle and his father. And you might not want to completely lose them either. No matter what, you're still the Heath they knew six years ago." Sabi ko.

He chuckled bitterly. "I chose to be hurt than to hurt others right? But that is not kindness, it was just me being weak. I know what it felt, yes, you were right. I understand that they were both a victim here to and I just can't stop myself from being weak and giving in the hope that if they gaon freedom, no one will suffer the same pain I did. It was just me being weak. However, I don't care about losing people who doesn't want to be with me anymore, kyle made that clear that he didn't want me six years ago, I've already lost people who meant the world to me and I'm still doing just fine. I don't care if Kyle will be gone from my life entirely. Actually, he was gone from my life a long time ago." He seethed before pushing me away and walking out.

I sighed and sat back down. What should I do. I should do something to be able to keep an eye on him. I want to know him better, besides, I promised Kyle.
Heath...