Chapter 10

Heath's
Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?
Minsan gusto kung bumalik sa nakaraan, nung mga panahong masaya lang, yung wala pa akong pakialam sa kung anong nangyayari sa realidad, sa mundo, sa society. Nung mga panahong papasok lang ako sa school at maglalaro maghapon, nung mga panahong wala pa akong kamuwang muwang sa kung gaano ka pangit ang mundo, kung gaano ka unfair ang buhay, kung gaano kasama ang katotohanan.

Lahat tayo naging biktima ng mundo, naging biktima ng marahas na buhay. Si Kyle, ang mga magulang niya, si Kent Mclainn, ako.. Mga taong naging biktima sa magkakaibang paraan, sa magkakaibang dahilan.

No matter what situation we've been, no matter how those situations mean to us, the fact that we have been hurting, that we are hurting is a reality that nothing can change. I find myself crying at night sometimes, I find my self feeling confused and lost.. I don't know what to do, what to feel, the people I've been hating are also victims.. So who should I hate? Who am I supposed to hate? Don't I have the right to hate them at least?

I found myself drowning, from the pain and grief that is trying to consume me whole. I have lived until this day because of the desire to make those people feel the same way. That fact scared me. If I finally got those people, If I succeeded in my revenge.. What's going to be my purpose of living? Why should I keep on living after that?

"Boss, nandito na po tayo"

Napatingin ako kay Clint at tumango bago lumabas sa sasakyan.
I entered the high class restaurant at pumasok sa VIP area para makapag matyag ako ng maayos.
I looked around and waited. When the front door opened, I become more serious while watching the new arrivals.

They sat on the far side of the restaurant where no one can hear them talk.
After a while of talking, I saw them shook hands and stood up to leave.
I stood up and was about to leave as well when I paused from the shock when I saw someone standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I know who's the reason you came here. I know who was behind those incidents as well. It was Sebastian Claude isn't it?" He asked.

I gestured for Clint to wait there for me before
I sighed and passed Kent and walked out, trying to follow Sebastian.
"Just work with me Heath! We can bring him down if we work together." Kent said while following me hurriedly.

I was about to go to my car when I saw Sebastian Claude's car moving away but Kent placed his hand on my chest to stop me from walking.
"Are you listening? I know you're a mob, but having the authorities backing you up will give you a greater benefit."

I pushed Kent away and rushed to my car. To my annoyance, he rushed to sit on my passenger's seat and sat there while blubbering.
I rolled my eyes and drove away so fast to catch up to S. Claude.
Kent gripped the door for support and tightened his seatbelt.
"Drive slowly!" He shouted.

"Shut up! Just shut up and behave for once!" I shouted in annoyance while glaring at him before facing front.
I saw Claude's car in front of us so I increased speed to tail them.
I just followed them until I realized we are in a remote area. The road was empty except for our cars. I suddenly stepped on my break when two cars has overtaken me and blocked my way.

I cursed under my breath before watching the people from the cars in front of us walk out with their guns.
I cursed once more and waited for them to make a move.
One guy pointed the gun on our direction and shot. I docked before looking at them.
"Get out!!" The man shouted.

"Let's get out." I told Kent.

we both grabbed the door handle and opened it. We went out at the same time and stood there while looking at the guys.
"Why are you following the boss?" The man asked, focusing on me.

Sebastian's men aren't scared of me. That's the first fact I noticed.
"I wasn't, I was just touring around." I answered boredly.

"Don't kid with us, Mr. Castillo, you might be one of the big boss in the US( underground society) but we aren't going to ignore this just because of your position. We have our own boss, and we will follow his and his commands alone." He said before gesturing to his comrades to attack us.

I stepped closer to Kent and waited for them.
I punched and kicked the guy nearest to me. When more men came, I focused on breaking their faces that I didn't notice the leader of the men was pointing his gun on me, until I felt a sharp pain on my right arm.
I hissed and glared at him, he pointed his gun again and was ready to pull the trigger but I grabbed the nearest man and used him as a shield before pushing him towards the man.
I run towards him and kicked the gun out of his hands before catching it and pointing it to him instead.

He raised his hands immediately and asked for apology.
"Let me ask you one thing. Answer me honestly. Sebastian, did he order you to kill me?" I asked.

He was hesitant so I placed the gun's end on his head. He then nodded hurriedly. "Yes! Yes! He asked us to kill you and make it look like a self defense on his part since you're the one following them!" He said.

I gritted my teeth and lowered the gun before shooting him on his both legs, I did the same to the other guys before walking back to my car.
I grabbed Kent away from the poor guy he had beaten badly and pushed him on the other side before entering and driving away from the place.

Sebastian wanted me gone because I didn't complied on his request. If things get out of control, the worst case scenario is that he's going to use the people close to me to use as a bait just to manipulate me.
Kent Mclainn is another problem. He was a fucking police officer, the kinds of people that Sebastian hated the most. If that bastard finds out that Kent has anything to do with me, he will kill Kent immediately without any hesitation. I said that I will help Kent when he has proved his resolve, but it's too risky for him to be affiliated to me.

I glanced at Kent and bit my lip so hard. He's too young to die. He said that having the authorities back me up will benefit me, and he was right.. But I doubt he was working with them. I heard his chief was getting mad at him for being so obsessed on the case for six years that he wasn't taking other cases anymore. It means that his chief and team members are against his plan of hunting down the panther. It really is so dangerous. I don't want to take another life on my hands. I can't take that new burden again. If he dies just because of this.. I won't be able to handle it. I don't want any life to be added on the list of people that I wasn't able to protect against the panther anymore. My parents are enough.. My friendship with kyle and his family is enough.
I don't want to lose anything or anyone to the panther again. Whether my men, my friends, my bodyguards, or just an acquaintance like Kent. Panther had taken enough valuable people from me. I won't allow any addition to it.
I can't.