Chapter 21

It was not because of Mark's words. It was just because Jinyoung could not tolerate girls. Dating girls was not at all his thing and he was not going to force himself to.

The following days, Jinyoung was always found alone. Mark was relieved by that but still Jinyoug did not give any sign that he wanted to talk to Mark again. For several times, Mark wanted to try but every time he was hesitated.

These days, Jinyoung looked like he had shut the whole world out. He barely talked to anyone when there was no need for him to. Was it a good thing or a bad thing? Mark often wondered.

For the first two days, Mark would find Jinyoung, occasionally, typing on his phone. But lately, Jinyoung was always on his phone and always typing. That was slowly beginning to unsettle Mark. Was Jinyoung texting someone? If then, who was it? Soon enough, he found out the answers to these questions.

It was Monday morning. As expected, Jinyoung found Jae on one of the benches near the History Department. He was playing a game on his phone, not at all realising Jinyoung's arrival; there were two cups of coffee laid next to him.

Only when Jinyoung sat down beside him, did his eyes leave his phone and acknowledged Jinyoung's presence. "Morning! Cappuccino." He gave Jinyoung one of the coffees and smiled brightly at him.

"Thanks," Jinyoung said, feeling the warmth of the coffee in his body. He willingly accepted Jae's brief, grazing kiss on his temple and Jae's hands around him. He was still trying to get used to these but he was not going to deny they made him feel good to some extent.

He was aware that Jae was not a serious type when it came to relationships. That this relationship would not last long. But he was going to enjoy it while he could.

"Wecome, babe. Let's go to your class?" Jae asked, his nosed buried in Jinyoung's neck.

"I can go alone."

"But I want to walk you there. Let's go."

Naturally, they held hands and with the coffee cups in their free hands, they left the bench. How much better it would have been if it had just been with someone he really loved. Jinyoung wondered if he would ever find that someone who he loved and who loved him all the same.

In the hallway, he bumped into Eunju, who gasped at the sight of him and Jae together. She was left speechless and stunned.

"Who's it?"

"One of my exes," Jinyoung said, indifferently.

Jae hummed in response, like it was nothing surprising. "I bet she isn't over you yet."

"Well, I've a boyfriend now," Jinyoung said and chuckled when Jae bumped against his shoulder playfully. But his steps lost their steadiness when he saw Mark, who was looking at them.

Jae also noticed Mark and asked, "Another ex?" He stopped his joke when Jinyoung did not laugh. But he had kind of actually meant it anyway, because at the glance the guy threw at him, he could see animosity all so distinctly.

It was Jinyoung who turned away his gaze first and bid Jae goodbye as they were already in front of his classroom.

"Text me where we can meet after the classes," Jae said.

Jinyoung nodded and Jae finally left, just as Jackson and Jaebum came down the hallway. Jinyoung ignored both Mark and his friends, entering the class and going straight to his seat.

"I want to know who he's," Mark said, absently and out of nowhere, puzzling his friends. They were at the canteen and had just sat down at the table.

"Who?" Jackson asked.

"You saw him, right? The one who was with Jinyoung this morning."

"I think he's dating Jinyoung," Jaebum said, although it was obvious. "Let him date who he wants to, Mark. It's none of our business."

Not at all. But Mark could not accept this simple fact. Why was his heart aching? When Jinyoung had dated girls, Mark had not felt that much disturbed. Why now then? The anxiety he felt now was so strong it suffocated him.

"Actually, I can understand Mark's concern this time," Jackson said, "I know him. That guy. His name's Park Jaehyung. But most call him Jae. He's a real playboy. Both boys and girls. He swings both ways."

Mark's fear was replaced by fury, which consequently provoked his want to protect Jinyoung. If only Jinyoung would let him.

"Is it true?"

"It is. He's from Computer Science. You know I've connections. I can say he's not serious about Jinyoung," Jackson said.

"Then I must tell Jinyoung. I'm not going to sit and watch his heart broken," Mark roared, still seething. If only he could keep Jinyoung away from anyone. Anyone who he would possibly date in the future.

"Jinyoung, just listen to me a moment," Mark said desperately, trying to keep up with Jinyoung, who was walking too fast. "I need to talk to you. That-"

"I thought there's nothing more between us. Didn't I make it clear to you? When'll you stop disturbing me?"

"No, listen! That Jae guy." Jinyoung finally stopped and although Mark had wanted him to, to have a proper conversation, the reason being that guy's name troubled Mark.

"I suggest you don't talk about him. No, I suggest you don't interfere with my life. Whatever you're going to talk about, will make no difference to me."

"Yes, it'll! Do you know-"

"Jinyoung!"

Both Mark and Jinyoung turned to see the source of the voice and as they had expected, it was Jae. Mark felt the fire of anger burning inside him at the sight of Jae. Before he could do anything, however, Jinyoung had already left him and joined his boyfriend, telling something to him and then them moving away together.

Mark felt nothing could be worse than what he was feeling, what was going through him, now.