A Tale of a New Start

Something was sticking her in her back. She shifted trying to remove the object but it only dug into her back more. Blinking her eyes open she noticed it was night time. Olympus never had nights. Panicking she sat up and realized where she was. A pungent smell assaulted her nose making her face scrunch up in disgust. To her left was a giant green box filled with trash and next to it a generator buzzed with energy. She was in an alley which meant she was on earth.

She had landed on a broken planting on top of a pile of trash bags. The corners were what was poking her in her back. Removing herself from the trash heap she got a look around. She had always wanted to visit earth. She wanted to see human interaction up close in personal. This was not the way she wanted to do that.

She could hear the cars driving past on the street ahead. It was dark enough it the alley where no one could see her very well. With her new vision seeing in the dark wasn't a problem for her. Remembering the curse Athena put on her she went to the nearest reflective service and nearly screamed again. She still ha her beautiful locks but beneath them lie venomous snakes still rattling around.

Funnily enough they were their own separate beings, yet she could feel what they feel and vice versa. They were angry at her for trying to rip them out earlier. She oddly felt bad about that.

"I'm sorry." She said.

Her eyes weld up with tears as she realized she was alone except for the reptilian creatures nesting in her hair. Two people she respected had betrayed her and had her banished to earth. The women she loved and adored looked at her with pure disgust and it broke her heart to a million pieces. She never even gave her a chance to explain that she wasn't in the wrong.

But Athena didn't care about that. She didn't care about her at all. She saw an innocent child and took advantage of her, just like Poseidon had. Seemed like every one she knew did. But no more. She wiped the tears from her cheeks and pulled her shoulders back. She'll be damned - more than she already was - if she let anyone treat in such a way again! Her snakes hissed in agreement.

Her body curled back in on itself once she realized how cold it actually was. All she had on was her thin robe that hung loosely around her. No clothing and no shoes. She needed to find some soon before she froze to death. Who knows what other side effects this curse had on her.

Just as she thought it something wrapped around her leg and she shrieked. Looking down a green scale-ly thing slithered tighter around her. She followed where it ended gasped. She had a tail! Everything was getting worse by the minute. How was she supposed to walk around with snakes and a tail? She begged for it to be gone and watched as it shrunk its way back inside her body. Amazing. She wondered if she could do the sam with the snakes, unfortunately they stayed right where they were. It was a half of a win so she just let it go.

A man came stumbling down the alley. She could tell he was very intoxicated even if the almost empty bottle in his hand hadn't been there. He chugged the rest of its contents then through it against the wall shattering it to bits.

She didn't move. Stood completely still hoping he wouldn't notice her in this state...or at all. Her eyes grew wide as he unzipped his pants and urinated on the wall. She averted her eyes away from his...his...you know. She backed up further into the dark but completely forgot about the pile of rubble behind her. His head snapped in her direction and he was so drunk he had to squint to see her.

"Hello? Who's there?" The man said.

He shoved his...thing back inside but never buckled his pants back up. He headed in her direction with an evil smirk on his face. One she recognized all to well.

"My, my, my, what's a pretty little thing like you doing out here this time of night." He looked her up and down. "And in that no less."

She didn't say a word as his eyes leered on her body. Her heart started racing noticing the hungry glint in them. Not again, she thought, not so soon! She had just recently been through this experience and did not want to go through it again.