PART 23

"Hey, how have you been?" Taehyung asked

"Hey, how have you been?" Taehyung asked. His eyes met hers and she smiled shyly before averting her gaze.

"I have been better. You?" Irene asked. She breathed in and slowly released it. It's has been a while since they talk. Well, they barely talked in the past but since that accident, Taehyung avoided her at all cost. It's not that he did not like her anymore. But because he respected her more than anything else.

"Same," he replied followed by silence between both of them. Taehyung cleared his throat.

Awkward.

"How do find the party? Did you eat at all?" from his observation she barely touched anything that night. She chose to sit at the corner of the room and chatted with Chanyeol who came with her that night before he was dragged by Jin hyung.

"I did

"I did. The food is so good. It's a shame I have to keep my diet in check," she chuckled. Taehyung held his breath. Seeing her smiling like that made his heart skipping like crazy, like it used to be whenever he saw her. It's has been a while Joohyun-ah, to see you like this and to feel like this again.

Being an idol, they can't help but seeing each other occasionally. Taehyung was feeling grateful they have been busy doing activities overseas he had small interaction with her this year. For him, it was so hard to control himself when being near her even after all these years telling his heart to move on. He used to get all excited when he has to attend the same event with her and her group so he can greet her or just look at her pretty face. But now, he wanted to avoid that at all course. Even his heart hurt, he has to. For her sake.

"Congratulations. You've got a nice house here. Seems like your hard work are paid off," Irene said while looking around.

"I guess it did. Oh, congrats for your comeback. I enjoy Zimzalabim so much. It's a fun song to listen to," he replied.

"Thanks," Irene said.

"Are you... Are you with him now?" Taehyung stuttered. He scratched his neck and looked at her. He wanted to keep it to himself but he can't help but ask. For her to hang out with a guy at night, he might mean something to her. He did not know why but he wanted to know if maybe he still got a chance, even a slightest one.